Carlsbeat

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
User avatar
xiao
Euroheater
Posts: 1212
Joined: Apr 21st, '16, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by xiao » Aug 6th, '18, 13:41

This is very exciting ~ we all have a dream inside recessed deep within our hearts, from our youth when the magic of Eurobeat captured the most cosmic part of our imaginations

It's so exciting to keep seeing this dream surface in more & more people, whom the seed of dance music was planted as early as our formative teenage years.

Even if latent in many of us .. Music won't die, Eurobeat won't die, because these notes ♪ are the memories that line the walls of our hearts

Don't get discouraged by the slow progress of building a fanbase .. I'm very proud of you guys & you're off to a rolling start. Be happy ~ and sing with your voices, sing with your bodies, sing with your fingers, sing with your mind ~ make music & never resign!✨
moonbunny

User avatar
the_ditz
Euroheater
Posts: 1941
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 22:25
Location: Hunting down Pamsy!!

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by the_ditz » Aug 6th, '18, 20:21

xiao wrote:
Aug 6th, '18, 13:41
This is very exciting ~ we all have a dream inside recessed deep within our hearts, from our youth when the magic of Eurobeat captured the most cosmic part of our imaginations

It's so exciting to keep seeing this dream surface in more & more people, whom the seed of dance music was planted as early as our formative teenage years.

Even if latent in many of us .. Music won't die, Eurobeat won't die, because these notes ♪ are the memories that line the walls of our hearts

Don't get discouraged by the slow progress of building a fanbase .. I'm very proud of you guys & you're off to a rolling start. Be happy ~ and sing with your voices, sing with your bodies, sing with your fingers, sing with your mind ~ make music & never resign!✨
Have you ever tried being a motivational speaker xiao, you'd make a fortune from it I'm sure haha!

We do not expect any overnight success, and indeed this song will be the first of four or five that we intend to release before we expect any sort of traction from the wider public. We just hope that anyone who has a listen enjoys what they hear and helps us to spread the word of our music far and wide. Word of mouth is our key tool in these early days of Carlsbeat, and each person that assists in sharing our music will definitely play an integral role in our development.

If anyone has any other feedback on "Beyond My Heart" or anything in particular that you think might help us, please let us know. :grin:

User avatar
xiao
Euroheater
Posts: 1212
Joined: Apr 21st, '16, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by xiao » Aug 6th, '18, 23:27

ahaha ~ you flatter me Ditz! :D

Can't wait for you & Infinity's future works !! <3
moonbunny

User avatar
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6882
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by drnrg » Aug 11th, '18, 07:57

Welcome back guys. I remember you form the old school Eurobeat prime days. I still have those Eurobeat podcast songs like Odessey's "Ghosts Of Suburbia" Ray Dymnamo - "Burn My Heart "and Nina Francis - "Brain Wash", and a, Gino Caria wannabe singing vocals on "Boom Boom Numbers Game". :razz: I wanna remember the Ray Dynamo and Nina Francis, songs being directly connected to you two.

Just listened to the song. yes it does indeed have that 90's "gallop" NRG style. Love the scream at the end of the chorus. You can also really appreciate the soundworlds in The instrumental version too.The music could still be a tad more in synch with the loudness of the vocals , but I like what I hear. so far.

User avatar
the_ditz
Euroheater
Posts: 1941
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 22:25
Location: Hunting down Pamsy!!

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by the_ditz » Aug 11th, '18, 11:06

drnrg wrote:
Aug 11th, '18, 07:57
Welcome back guys. I remember you form the old school Eurobeat prime days. I still have those Eurobeat podcast songs like Odessey's "Ghosts Of Suburbia" Ray Dymnamo - "Burn My Heart "and Nina Francis - "Brain Wash", and a, Gino Caria wannabe singing vocals on "Boom Boom Numbers Game". :razz: I wanna remember the Ray Dynamo and Nina Francis, songs being directly connected to you two.

Just listened to the song. yes it does indeed have that 90's "gallop" NRG style. Love the scream at the end of the chorus. You can also really appreciate the soundworlds in The instrumental version too.The music could still be a tad more in synch with the loudness of the vocals , but I like what I hear. so far.
Hey drnrg, so nice to see a friendly face from the past!

Really happy to hear that you enjoyed the track and could pick up on the style that Jacqueline was going for with the production. You are indeed spot on in linking us with "Brainwash" and "Burn My Heart" (the former being written and produced by Jacqueline and the latter by myself) and hopefully we'll have some more classics coming up in the future that will make it on to your replay lists! ;)

User avatar
Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1248
Joined: Oct 3rd, '10, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by Bonkers » Aug 11th, '18, 20:42

Hey!!!

Loved the preview of the 1st track, can't wait for the Juno link.

User avatar
KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 454
Joined: Sep 26th, '11, 17:28
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by KiraTM » Aug 12th, '18, 07:23

I listened to Beyond My Heart now.
For me, it doesn't sound "eurobeat enough". The song has more of those fast Italo-Disco vibes. It feels like there are some layers of instrumentals missing.
The vocals are too silent for my taste and don't sound powerful enough to compete with the music.

Sorry for the negative feedback. I'm more a fan of modern Eurobeat, maybe I'm just not your target group.

User avatar
the_ditz
Euroheater
Posts: 1941
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 22:25
Location: Hunting down Pamsy!!

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by the_ditz » Aug 12th, '18, 11:36

KiraTM wrote:
Aug 12th, '18, 07:23
I listened to Beyond My Heart now.
For me, it doesn't sound "eurobeat enough". The song has more of those fast Italo-Disco vibes. It feels like there are some layers of instrumentals missing.
The vocals are too silent for my taste and don't sound powerful enough to compete with the music.

Sorry for the negative feedback. I'm more a fan of modern Eurobeat, maybe I'm just not your target group.
Hi Kira, all feedback is welcomed so don't worry.

Jacqueline specifically produced "Beyond My Heart" to have an early Eurobeat Flash-era sound, so certainly not in line with the modern Eurobeat stylings of the past decade. However, stay tuned as I can assure you that we'll have some very different styles coming up - a couple of the songs I've written have been far more influenced by SCP/GGM style tracks, so perhaps they will be more to your liking.

Was there any particular part of the vocals that you found quiet or do you feel that the overall balance wasn't quite right? All of your feedback I know will help improve our productions going forward ;)
Bonkers wrote:
Aug 11th, '18, 20:42
Hey!!!

Loved the preview of the 1st track, can't wait for the Juno link.
Jacqueline is on the case with this Bonkers - we'll keep you posted when Juno download links are live :grin:

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1986
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by #Infinity » Aug 13th, '18, 00:28

Thank you so much to everyone for their feedback. We appreciate and listen to any comments we can because we want to perfect our sound into something that can reach as many people as possible.

With that said, I would like to address a few of the more critical thoughts KiraTM made.
KiraTM wrote:
Aug 12th, '18, 07:23
For me, it doesn't sound "eurobeat enough". The song has more of those fast Italo-Disco vibes. It feels like there are some layers of instrumentals missing.
There are a lot of layers in "Beyond My Heart" actually. I think the song's thin sound is more attributable to it having more of a focus on higher, more percussive tracks and not as much the bassier ones. To be fair, a lot of '90s eurobeat songs, such as Christine's "Into the Light", for example, are similarly leaner sounding and lack the quaking juiciness of more modern productions. I have a huge soft spot for the more retro eurobeat songs and actually find a fair amount of newer eurobeat overpowering, but it's still very subjective, which is why, moving forward, we're going to cultivate a catalogue that's as diverse as possible. :)
The vocals are too silent for my taste and don't sound powerful enough to compete with the music.
What do you mean about the vocals being too silent? If anything, I thought Billy Mette's vocals are pretty loud and forceful. Your comments are quite a contrast to drnrg, who found them louder than the track could handle. Are the harmonizations just too quiet or something? I don't know what balance to strike without more specific details.
Sorry for the negative feedback. I'm more a fan of modern Eurobeat, maybe I'm just not your target group.
I spent a long time producing "Beyond My Heart", but I didn't have as much of a wide audience in mind with it. It was enjoyable to make, but like Gary noted, we'll be looking towards a much more modern, heavy sound in the near future, as that's far more in line with the current direction of both eurobeat and dance music in general.
Image

Tiger
Master of Time
Master of Time
Posts: 1163
Joined: Apr 9th, '07, 21:54
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by Tiger » Aug 16th, '18, 03:47

The production is not very good on "BEYOND MY HEART". I kind of see early Eurobeat Flash in the riff but not very much.

User avatar
Bonkers
Euroheater
Posts: 1248
Joined: Oct 3rd, '10, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by Bonkers » Aug 16th, '18, 04:33

Well I'm proud of you two! I though the singing was nicely done, and very original. Keep it coming yall!

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1986
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by #Infinity » Aug 16th, '18, 18:16

Tiger wrote:
Aug 16th, '18, 03:47
The production is not very good on "BEYOND MY HEART". I kind of see early Eurobeat Flash in the riff but not very much.
I think Gary meant to say early SCP, back when they were on Eurobeat Flash, not the early part of Eurobeat Flash itself, so it’s supposed to sound more 1997-1998-ish.

What is it about the production you dislike? Does it come back to the recurring complaint I’ve gotten so far that there isn’t enough bass or depth in the lower registers of the song? I’m realizing very quickly that while I’ve dedicated a lot of focus to building intricate patterns using high percussion and synth runs, a little more needs to be done with the bass in order for our productions to achieve the same level of bigness as other current eurobeat songs, even if I draw deep influences from ‘90s eurobeat.
Last edited by #Infinity on Sep 11th, '18, 07:18, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
para_rigby
Euroheater
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 18:50
Location: Wichita, KS, USA
Contact:

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by para_rigby » Aug 17th, '18, 18:53

I think the vocals need a bit more mastering, but again, you may not have the same set up available to you like the Italian producers have. It doesn't sound so crisp and clear for some reason.

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1986
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by #Infinity » Aug 17th, '18, 20:38

para_rigby wrote:
Aug 17th, '18, 18:53
I think the vocals need a bit more mastering, but again, you may not have the same set up available to you like the Italian producers have. It doesn't sound so crisp and clear for some reason.
Matt sent me vocals he recorded at his home studio, but I had them compressed so that they would sound loud enough to not get distorted. However, I am definitely not an expert with compression because I only just started really learning how to use compressors while finishing up this song. Also, I did not have any reverb applied to the original vocal tracks because when Matt sent me his first vocal draft, the reverb was too much and caused him to sound cloudy over the synths.

Vocal mixing, or really mixing just in general, is a delicate art that I am gonna work hard to master, since little details like that can make a huge difference in the professional world of music.
Image

User avatar
para_rigby
Euroheater
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 18:50
Location: Wichita, KS, USA
Contact:

Re: Carlsbeat

Post by para_rigby » Aug 17th, '18, 21:27

#Infinity wrote:
Aug 17th, '18, 20:38
para_rigby wrote:
Aug 17th, '18, 18:53
I think the vocals need a bit more mastering, but again, you may not have the same set up available to you like the Italian producers have. It doesn't sound so crisp and clear for some reason.
Matt sent me vocals he recorded at his home studio, but I had them compressed so that they would sound loud enough to not get distorted. However, I am definitely not an expert with compression because I only just started really learning how to use compressors while finishing up this song. Also, I did not have any reverb applied to the original vocal tracks because when Matt sent me his first vocal draft, the reverb was too much and caused him to sound cloudy over the synths.

Vocal mixing, or really mixing just in general, is a delicate art that I am gonna work hard to master, since little details like that can make a huge difference in the professional world of music.
Good you want to keep learning! I hope my critique didn’t come off as mean!! Do y’all talk to any of the Italian labels about technical details? I feel Bratt or Nick would be the most open to offer advice.
Last edited by para_rigby on Aug 17th, '18, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AL19, alpines and 19 guests