Spohie- Drive In The Night.

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
User avatar
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6882
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Spohie- Drive In The Night.

Post by drnrg » Jul 6th, '06, 04:13

I don't have SEB 169 yet, but a good friend sent this one. WOW! this is Incredible Sophie song. I dare say one of her best. Very 90's. This is my kind of "Happy" Eurobeat. This could have easily been a Clara TIME song back in 90's under her Anika alias. I don't know who composed ,but I'm sure Sergio Dall Ora had a big part. This is very much like R. Gabrieli did with Madison's- Without You. I'm really going back back back in TIME. Super Job :D

Now I got Sophie and Lou Grant! Can't wait 4 cd :D

User avatar
Jion
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1223
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 17:09
Location: Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Jion » Jul 6th, '06, 04:21

It was composed by Sergio of course and someone named Farrington. And yes I love this song! This, If You Ever Leave Me, Eurobeat Kind Of Love, Dream Of You and Big Heart were my absolute favorite of the CD.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

User avatar
oresama-chan
Eurohero
Eurohero
Posts: 836
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 05:39
Location: varese, Italy
Contact:

Post by oresama-chan » Jul 6th, '06, 04:28

I'm so sure this track is a remake of Havana's song (old Italo released in '86), though I've never listened to the original.

http://www.discogs.com/release/224970

drnrg should check his PM box. :lol:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6882
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Post by drnrg » Jul 6th, '06, 04:41

8) Just did. Check Yours :D

User avatar
Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 504
Joined: Sep 14th, '04, 05:17
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post by Ricfiam » Jul 6th, '06, 07:34

Yeah, I thought that this is a remake. Too good for a simple Sophie song. :)
I think the best Sophie song ever, and a cool summer feeling inside of me...
I go to drive my "darling"... fast.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

User avatar
KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B
Posts: 21
Joined: Sep 25th, '04, 22:55
Location: Muskegon, MI
Contact:

Post by KrAzy Che3To » Jul 6th, '06, 18:21

Ricfiam wrote:Yeah, I thought that this is a remake. Too good for a simple Sophie song. :)
I think the best Sophie song ever, and a cool summer feeling inside of me...
I go to drive my "darling"... fast.
Woo! It's not only me. I love love love love love this song to death. It's easily one of her bests and one of Time's best in the past 10-15+ years. Everything is perfect, even if it is a remake. That makes 2 remakes in my top 10 for SEB 160s :P

User avatar
Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 673
Joined: Oct 17th, '05, 07:27
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Post by Densetsu13 » Jul 6th, '06, 23:04

I dunno but this song leaves me with a big feeling of meh. Actually the whole CD did and it makes me sad XD But maybe it was because I've only listened to it when i was in "meh" moods :P

And wow, that avatar is as if the animals in the Jungle Book took 'shrooms one day XD

User avatar
KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B
Posts: 21
Joined: Sep 25th, '04, 22:55
Location: Muskegon, MI
Contact:

Post by KrAzy Che3To » Jul 7th, '06, 19:40

Densetsu13 wrote:I dunno but this song leaves me with a big feeling of meh. Actually the whole CD did and it makes me sad XD But maybe it was because I've only listened to it when i was in "meh" moods :P

And wow, that avatar is as if the animals in the Jungle Book took 'shrooms one day XD
Were you a big italo fan? Or ever an italo fan? If not, most likely you won't enjoy the track. It's more of the older days (80s, early 90s) sound. That's like not enjoying old 80s Rock, but enjoying todays Rock, etc. The styles are similiar, but yet very different.

And, yeah my avatar is crazy. :P It's a game coming out for the Xbox 360.. Viva Pinata.. it's like Animal Crossings meets.. uh Animal Pinatas? XD

User avatar
Sadie
Mega NRG Girl
Posts: 595
Joined: May 29th, '05, 17:12
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Post by Sadie » Jul 7th, '06, 19:53

I'm with Densetsu13, I don't like it. I listen to a fair amount of Italo, and like the genre, but "Drive In The Night" leaves me with a 'meh' feeling (as he said). I like the intro, but aside from that.... It's just not my thing.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

cheeseman
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 556
Joined: Apr 18th, '06, 09:10
Location: Poland

Post by cheeseman » Jul 7th, '06, 19:56

I think we need more Italo remakes...
Ivan B. - Laser Light is also a good one.

By the way, Sophie must have had a bit of a runny nose when she sang this, don't you think? :D

User avatar
oresama-chan
Eurohero
Eurohero
Posts: 836
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 05:39
Location: varese, Italy
Contact:

Post by oresama-chan » Jul 8th, '06, 00:39

Can anyone tell me what that "meh" is?

My dictionary reads it's the short for "melanocyte-expanding hormone". :lol:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Sadie
Mega NRG Girl
Posts: 595
Joined: May 29th, '05, 17:12
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Post by Sadie » Jul 8th, '06, 02:09

oresama-chan wrote:Can anyone tell me what that "meh" is?

My dictionary reads it's the short for "melanocyte-expanding hormone". :lol:
LOL!!!! That's not it at all.... But thanks for sharing that! I'm still laughing!

'meh' (generally) means a mediocre feeling toward something. Not having any enthusiasm for or toward it, and leaving you with a blank feeling.

I hope other people agree with that definiton, because that's how everyone I know uses it.
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Mikaeru
Master of Time
Master of Time
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mar 22nd, '05, 07:51

Post by Mikaeru » Jul 8th, '06, 02:52

Sadie wrote:
oresama-chan wrote:Can anyone tell me what that "meh" is?

My dictionary reads it's the short for "melanocyte-expanding hormone". :lol:
LOL!!!! That's not it at all.... But thanks for sharing that! I'm still laughing!

'meh' (generally) means a mediocre feeling toward something. Not having any enthusiasm for or toward it, and leaving you with a blank feeling.

I hope other people agree with that definiton, because that's how everyone I know uses it.
Meh.

:P

User avatar
KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B
Posts: 21
Joined: Sep 25th, '04, 22:55
Location: Muskegon, MI
Contact:

Post by KrAzy Che3To » Jul 8th, '06, 07:45

Mikaeru wrote:
Sadie wrote:
oresama-chan wrote:Can anyone tell me what that "meh" is?

My dictionary reads it's the short for "melanocyte-expanding hormone". :lol:
LOL!!!! That's not it at all.... But thanks for sharing that! I'm still laughing!

'meh' (generally) means a mediocre feeling toward something. Not having any enthusiasm for or toward it, and leaving you with a blank feeling.

I hope other people agree with that definiton, because that's how everyone I know uses it.
Meh.

:P
I prefer Bleh myself :P

User avatar
oresama-chan
Eurohero
Eurohero
Posts: 836
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 05:39
Location: varese, Italy
Contact:

Post by oresama-chan » Jul 8th, '06, 14:59

Ah, I got it! Thanks Sadie. :)
ImageImageImage

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests