Deleted Messages (PM's)

Problems concerning the forum or computers in general.
xiao
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Deleted Messages (PM's)

Post by xiao » Apr 6th, '17, 14:23

Hi guys, Alpines & I recently ran across an issue with the EBP forums ... namely this →

Is there any way to correct this technical problem or return the PM's that were lost...? Thankies Image ~ ???
precious little diamond

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Deleted Messages (PM's)

Post by Bore » Apr 6th, '17, 14:29

Hmm... This is fairly odd. I haven't encountered this issue before or anyone else hasn't procued similar problems. I tried scanning through the settings in the admin panel but couldn't encounter a setting related to it. Maybe it's a one time thing, or maybe phpbb is just that dumb... Will do more searching!

xiao
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by xiao » Apr 6th, '17, 15:05

Bore wrote:Hmm... This is fairly odd. I haven't encountered this issue before or anyone else hasn't procued similar problems. I tried scanning through the settings in the admin panel but couldn't encounter a setting related to it. Maybe it's a one time thing, or maybe phpbb is just that dumb... Will do more searching!
Thank you my friend haha! Image ~ I'll direct Alpine's attention to this thread. Maybe the PM I sent him was flip-flopped somewhere else in his User Control Panel and he can't find it :o ??

Thanks again for the prompt response Panu先生!🐣 ✨
precious little diamond

alpines
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by alpines » Apr 6th, '17, 15:14

I looked around and the only place where I could find the pm was in the Inbox.

It looks like this:

If I click on it the next page pops up like this:

If I click no then the browser goes back to my inbox. I didn't click on 'yes' yet.

I guess the system keeps PMs if you read it and then delete it.

My assumption is:
I got this PM and it got deleted without me reading / opening it first, therefore it got deleted.
If I've had read it before it got deleted I assume I would still have it readable in my inbox.

xiao
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by xiao » Apr 6th, '17, 15:59

alpines wrote:If I've had read it before it got deleted I assume I would still have it readable in my inbox.
Woah that's quite strange! :o

Maybe it's just the way the new phpBB upgrade works ?? Gotta be careful before deleting any further PM's in the future then. Image
precious little diamond

magiblot
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad

Post by magiblot » Apr 8th, '17, 20:35

It probably works in the same way as other forums where I am registered: PM's can be edited before they are opened by the adressee. Thus, deleting them might have a permanent effect.