Recent Dances from Densetsu13 & Matricks

All things PalaPalaPaladise~
User avatar
MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 190
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 04:37
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

Post by MAtRiCks » Jan 14th, '09, 18:57

Isn't the next Para Boom scheduled for next summer, with the release of SEB200? Haha, I love how the Japanese peoples almost have their fashions and fads written on the calendar.

User avatar
UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 164
Joined: Jul 25th, '07, 11:53
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by UFOPOLI » Jan 15th, '09, 08:14

That would be very suitable. Let's hope it's true.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

User avatar
Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 326
Joined: Sep 29th, '07, 16:48
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Contact:

Post by Will154 » Jan 16th, '09, 00:37

Yeah...Avex will be promoting Eurobeat & ParaPara with commercials now...
So expect a 5th boom sometime :grin:

User avatar
UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 164
Joined: Jul 25th, '07, 11:53
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by UFOPOLI » Jan 29th, '09, 11:03

I got my copy of I Love Dance and wasn't disappointed. We already also had 1 Week in our circle and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up among my all-time favorites at some point.

However, I can't help being bothered by the impression that the videos seem to have been shot at a slower speed. Probably not half, that would be too obvious, but maybe 0,75? That would explain why the dancers' moves are crisp to the point of looking animated.

Blood on Fire is probably the most obvious example, wherefore it's no surprise they've chosen that one for the background person, which doesn't make it any more credible but the opposite. It's clear to see she's been included in a different shot.

However, not all of the dancers manage to impress even with the help of technology. Especially the ones doing Bandido are just tragic. I'm not too convinced about the other men, either.

All in all, though, the dvd is well worth owning. It just takes some getting used to not to pay attention to irrelevant properties.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

User avatar
Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 673
Joined: Oct 17th, '05, 07:27
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Post by Densetsu13 » Feb 6th, '09, 04:42

UFOPOLI wrote:However, I can't help being bothered by the impression that the videos seem to have been shot at a slower speed. Probably not half, that would be too obvious, but maybe 0,75? That would explain why the dancers' moves are crisp to the point of looking animated.

Blood on Fire is probably the most obvious example, wherefore it's no surprise they've chosen that one for the background person, which doesn't make it any more credible but the opposite. It's clear to see she's been included in a different shot.
I'm really going to have to disagree with you on this here. I'm 99.9% sure they did not slow down the speed of the videos. They look as good as they do because the majority of the dancers are as close as you can get these days to professional Para dancers ^^;

I don't think Marie in the background of Blood On Fire was shot in a different shot either. I think you may be over analyzing things a bit =P

User avatar
UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 164
Joined: Jul 25th, '07, 11:53
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by UFOPOLI » Feb 10th, '09, 12:51

Densetsu13 wrote:I'm really going to have to disagree with you on this here. I'm 99.9% sure they did not slow down the speed of the videos. They look as good as they do because the majority of the dancers are as close as you can get these days to professional Para dancers ^^;
The point is that they don't look good. They look artificial and animated >< Of course, the reason might also be bad post-production but in a product of this level that prospect is possibly ever more worrying.
Densetsu13 wrote:I don't think Marie in the background of Blood On Fire was shot in a different shot either.P
Well, then do explain why are there no shadows on or around her? :???:
Densetsu13 wrote:I think you may be over analyzing things a bit =P
Not really. I wouldn't have come to think about the whole issue if it didn't make me feel uneasy every time I watch it...
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

User avatar
trainerkelly
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 125
Joined: Oct 20th, '08, 05:51
Location: Internet
Contact:

Post by trainerkelly » Feb 10th, '09, 21:24

UFOPOLI wrote:The point is that they don't look good. They look artificial and animated >< Of course, the reason might also be bad post-production but in a product of this level that prospect is possibly ever more worrying
They probably look "artificial and animated" because its a video. Videos are made up of a series of pictures just moving quickly at a certain number of "frames per second". Due to the way they're dancing, the camera/video makes an illusion of some sort that makes them appear animated, due to the whole fps (frames per second) thing. XP
UFOPOLI wrote:Well, then do explain why are there no shadows on or around her? :???:
The lighting. They probably set it up to cancel out shadows, which can also give off the illusion of "pasting" in a background.
|dA|YT|TWTTR|TMBLR|
Avatar © to Me

User avatar
UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 164
Joined: Jul 25th, '07, 11:53
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by UFOPOLI » Feb 17th, '09, 08:17

trainerkelly wrote:They probably look "artificial and animated" because its a video.
Is it really?! :!: Well, thank you for this valuable piece of information but I happen to own a lot of other similar products that strikingly differ from this one. If it doesn't bother you, all the better for you.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

User avatar
MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 190
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 04:37
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

Post by MAtRiCks » Feb 19th, '09, 19:43

After watching it, I don't really see what you're going on about either ufopoli :P oh well at least the visual presentation doesn't affect the routines themselves.

Alex and I shall be filming some new routines really soon too :D

User avatar
Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 326
Joined: Sep 29th, '07, 16:48
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Contact:

Post by Will154 » Feb 20th, '09, 00:03

MAtRiCks wrote:Alex and I shall be filming some new routines really soon too :D
Yay ! :) J'ai hâte de voir la selection !

User avatar
MAtRiCks
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 190
Joined: Jun 19th, '04, 04:37
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

Post by MAtRiCks » Feb 24th, '09, 06:33

C'est pour très bientôt!!

We filmed the new batch last weekend, and they should be uploaded by the end of the week for sure! Watch, I'm sure Alex will be spreading them all over the internet by tommorow ;)

There is a romantic theme to our new medley, right in time for the season of love to come soon, and some more energetic and upfront dances from our hot and sweet Alex :D

User avatar
Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 673
Joined: Oct 17th, '05, 07:27
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Post by Densetsu13 » Feb 25th, '09, 04:19

Lord you make me blush Francis :P New vids uploaded in a new thread!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest