I made a Eurobeat track

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
HonestPie
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 9th, '16, 22:08

I made a Eurobeat track

Post by HonestPie » Dec 9th, '16, 22:34

https://soundcloud.com/user-893911679/eurobeat-test

As the title implies, I made a Eurobeat track. With vocals in mind (but with no vocals :/).

This is my first time making Eurobeat. Several days ago, out of nowhere, I suddenly felt like making a song of this genre. So I did. I can't really say I've listened to lots of Eurobeat, but I have an okay amount of it in my personal music collection. (Can you guys can tell what type of Eurobeat I've listened based on my style? I'm super curious :P)

Oh, as a fair warning to those who don't like mixing genres, It shifts around 2/3rds in the song, but quickly goes back to Eurobeat. Also, the intro is a bit boring. So yeah.

Some more details in the Soundcloud description. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

User avatar
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 2554
Joined: Jan 26th, '07, 01:18
Contact:

Post by Lebon14 » Dec 9th, '16, 23:46

the bass line is too loud. besides that, it sounds AMAZING! That speed! <3
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 233
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 04:59
Location: Vietnam

Post by KoolKool » Dec 10th, '16, 00:13

my headphone think the bassline sound balanced...

but it's nice track, you have good potential, wanna join the indie team? 8)
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

HonestPie
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 9th, '16, 22:08

Post by HonestPie » Dec 10th, '16, 07:28

Lebon14 wrote:the bass line is too loud. besides that, it sounds AMAZING! That speed! <3
Thank you! :D Glad you like it. Though I kind of do agree with KoolKool that the bass sounds okay to me, I'll review the sound levels. It actually has crossed my mind that the bass may be a bit to loud while I was making this, but I decided otherwise once I compared it to some other songs I had on hand.
KoolKool wrote:my headphone think the bassline sound balanced...

but it's nice track, you have good potential, wanna join the indie team? 8)
Thanks. Also, that sounds interesting!

User avatar
Anthony McBazooka
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 142
Joined: Oct 20th, '10, 19:16
Location: Lorraine
Contact:

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Dec 10th, '16, 10:46

The bass isn't too loud, quite the opposite, but I would recommend to use some side-chain compressing with the bass drum to get more of the pumping effect you need for Eurobeat.
Image

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 233
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 04:59
Location: Vietnam

Post by KoolKool » Dec 10th, '16, 11:37

yes,sidechain not really necessary but if you want the cool pumping like anthony said...or else just turn the fader,EQing :)


i send you the contact, check your private message box!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 17th, '16, 21:12

Post by Gabriel C Media » Dec 10th, '16, 14:22

Anthony McBazooka wrote:The bass isn't too loud, quite the opposite, but I would recommend to use some side-chain compressing with the bass drum to get more of the pumping effect you need for Eurobeat.
I personally disagree! I think I may have heard a few songs that have a pumping bass, but that's usually something for Hardcore or songs that lean more toward in that direction. It's not really a thing for Eurobeat imo.

User avatar
xiao
Eurobeat Addict
Eurobeat Addict
Posts: 774
Joined: Apr 21st, '16, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Re: I made a Eurobeat track

Post by xiao » Dec 11th, '16, 18:15

HonestPie wrote:Can you guys can tell what type of Eurobeat I've listened based on my style? I'm super curious :P
> DJ Command (?) Image&#9734;

&#9733; A very speedy track ~ when people like adding guitars to eurobeat they tend to go the Sinclaire/Command route & do some hot metal riffs like you did -- but I was raised on an acoustic & Go Johnny Go...

&#9733; Remember that old Jimmy Eat World song the middle -- that kind of solo & pizzicato's are what really get me weak in the knees ~ especially on eurobeat | in Spanish we call it requinto or requintear~ &#9835;

&#9733; Why no vocals? ... diamond in the rough that's what you are my friend~ &#9825;
Shoot the Lights

User avatar
Anthony McBazooka
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 142
Joined: Oct 20th, '10, 19:16
Location: Lorraine
Contact:

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Dec 12th, '16, 11:20

Gabriel C Media wrote:
Anthony McBazooka wrote:The bass isn't too loud, quite the opposite, but I would recommend to use some side-chain compressing with the bass drum to get more of the pumping effect you need for Eurobeat.
I personally disagree! I think I may have heard a few songs that have a pumping bass, but that's usually something for Hardcore or songs that lean more toward in that direction. It's not really a thing for Eurobeat imo.
No problem, because my agreement with my statement is so strong, it even covers your agreement, so you can totally disagree while not disagreeing at all. ;)
Image

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 17th, '16, 21:12

Post by Gabriel C Media » Dec 13th, '16, 00:18

Anthony McBazooka wrote:
Gabriel C Media wrote:
Anthony McBazooka wrote:The bass isn't too loud, quite the opposite, but I would recommend to use some side-chain compressing with the bass drum to get more of the pumping effect you need for Eurobeat.
I personally disagree! I think I may have heard a few songs that have a pumping bass, but that's usually something for Hardcore or songs that lean more toward in that direction. It's not really a thing for Eurobeat imo.
No problem, because my agreement with my statement is so strong, it even covers your agreement, so you can totally disagree while not disagreeing at all. ;)
Oh snap haha!! :grin:

User avatar
SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan
Posts: 1234
Joined: Feb 15th, '06, 00:28
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » Dec 13th, '16, 18:50

I still disagree, Anthony.

User avatar
xiao
Eurobeat Addict
Eurobeat Addict
Posts: 774
Joined: Apr 21st, '16, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Post by xiao » Dec 13th, '16, 21:48

I also disagree with you Tony. It's time to admit you're outnumbered and start producing K-pop songs. Image
Shoot the Lights

User avatar
Anthony McBazooka
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 142
Joined: Oct 20th, '10, 19:16
Location: Lorraine
Contact:

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Dec 14th, '16, 14:50

But I disagree with all of you disagreeing.
Image

User avatar
xiao
Eurobeat Addict
Eurobeat Addict
Posts: 774
Joined: Apr 21st, '16, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Post by xiao » Dec 15th, '16, 01:03

I agree with you disagreeing with everyone agreeing about disagreeing that we all disagree about what you agreed because everybody is now disagreeably agreeing to disagree about what we're all agreeing on the first disagreement... Image
Shoot the Lights

User avatar
Anthony McBazooka
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan
Posts: 142
Joined: Oct 20th, '10, 19:16
Location: Lorraine
Contact:

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Dec 15th, '16, 07:11

Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest