I'm lost :/

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Post by HikariPL » Oct 29th, '16, 23:07

Unfortunately I have v11 :grin: . Too bad :D

BTW, have You ever heard Eurobeat with non-English/Japanese vocals (if You can please give me a track name)?
I wonder how it can sound...

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 17th, '16, 21:12

Post by Gabriel C Media » Oct 30th, '16, 02:39

Haha, there are many MANY Japanese Eurobeat tracks! most of the tracks on Touhou Eurobeat albums by Avex have Japanese vocals!

Indie producer Sugano and the famed DJ COMMAND are also both Japanese and typically use Japanese vocalists :).

User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Post by HikariPL » Oct 30th, '16, 12:07

I was thinking about non-English and non-Japanese Eurobeat (I'm sorry i should have written it like this in the first place :grin: ).
I know these two languages are most commonly used in Eurobeat (I love Touhou Eurobeat series <3 ), but i was thinking about how Eurobeat can sound for example - in French or Russian etc.

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 17th, '16, 21:12

Post by Gabriel C Media » Oct 30th, '16, 14:42

HikariPL wrote:I was thinking about non-English and non-Japanese Eurobeat (I'm sorry i should have written it like this in the first place :grin: ).
I know these two languages are most commonly used in Eurobeat (I love Touhou Eurobeat series <3 ), but i was thinking about how Eurobeat can sound for example - in French or Russian etc.
That sounds cool! I mean, so much Eurobeat comes out from Italy. I wonder what it would sound like in Italian haha!

User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Post by HikariPL » Oct 30th, '16, 19:55

While searching for Italian Eurobeat, I found pretty good video on YT about meeting
ACE and Domino at their studio. Check it out if You want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3168Ks0bgM

User avatar
para_rigby
Euroheater
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 18:50
Location: Wichita, KS, USA
Contact:

Post by para_rigby » Oct 30th, '16, 21:46

Hi NRG Attack did Volare in Italian and a Baby Bazooka track too.

User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Post by HikariPL » Oct 31st, '16, 13:46

@para_rigby Thanks!
@KoolKool Since You posted files with Your unfinished song, I was listening to it sometimes. And more I listen to it, more it becomes ingenious. I really think You should finish it (It has more potential than You think, It's just my opinion tho)[when I'm listening to it, I see submarines, torpedoes, like a lot, I know! Torpedobeats! :grin: ].

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 235
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 04:59
Location: Vietnam

Post by KoolKool » Oct 31st, '16, 16:23

HikariPL wrote: @KoolKool Since You posted files with Your unfinished song, I was listening to it sometimes. And more I listen to it, more it becomes ingenious. I really think You should finish it (It has more potential than You think, It's just my opinion tho)[when I'm listening to it, I see submarines, torpedoes, like a lot, I know! Torpedobeats! :grin: ].
thank you!
listen to some old wip tracks like that make me laugh very much :P

i will re-visit it someday when i am done with guitar sound researching

if you have kontakt, this one is very good i recommend, it's free
http://major7th.jp/kontakt/kmg7/
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Post by HikariPL » Nov 21st, '16, 23:49

[progress check]
So here I am, one month later after ~6 remade songs, and i think I'm getting the hang of it.
What do you think i should focus on now?
(I think Soundcloud widened my bass :D )
https://soundcloud.com/user-374713788/eurobeat-wip3
2nd one (i personnaly think this one is better):
https://soundcloud.com/user-374713788/r ... nrg-sketch

Gabriel C Media
Euro To B
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 17th, '16, 21:12

Post by Gabriel C Media » Nov 23rd, '16, 22:07

Yeah! not bad at all!! the balancing is a bit all over, but these are just sketches so it's no biggie. Other than making sure your bass isn't too wide, you're doing good! :3

User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Re: I'm lost :/

Post by HikariPL » Aug 18th, '17, 03:08

Here i am almost a year later with a little to none progress.
https://soundcloud.com/hikaripl/eurobea ... r-olympics

I must be mental or something, because no matter how long i try and how many new attempts i make i can't get out of my little "style".
I really like these cheesy J-Euro arrangments of FN2 (for track example: [DiGiTAL WiNG] Contradictory) and i want to go in this direction.

Would you recommend me some changes to make to get a little bit closer to my goal?

One thing i think about is changing bass to something lighter (more like normal bass guitar) and using high pitch kick. I always layer these muddy brasses and sawtooths because in the end my tracks always feel weak and hollow even if i use good amount of arps and strings.
I often go off key too because... if i not my melody always feels silly and amateurish.
What keys and chord progressions do you recommend? And what other tricks do you use for quirky J-Euro sound?
Thanks in advance.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 235
Joined: Apr 6th, '14, 04:59
Location: Vietnam

Re: I'm lost :/

Post by KoolKool » Aug 18th, '17, 03:55

quite good, don't blame yourself too much

just the singing part should be done a little more properly!


meanwhile, i finally revived my old torpedo-beat

https://soundcloud.com/hainam-1/super-t ... pha-lyrics
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

User avatar
sethreed
Eurocurious
Eurocurious
Posts: 96
Joined: Sep 1st, '10, 11:39
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Re: I'm lost :/

Post by sethreed » Aug 18th, '17, 13:34

HikariPL wrote:
Aug 18th, '17, 03:08
Here i am almost a year later with a little to none progress.
https://soundcloud.com/hikaripl/eurobea ... r-olympics

I must be mental or something, because no matter how long i try and how many new attempts i make i can't get out of my little "style".
I really like these cheesy J-Euro arrangments of FN2 (for track example: [DiGiTAL WiNG] Contradictory) and i want to go in this direction.

Would you recommend me some changes to make to get a little bit closer to my goal?

One thing i think about is changing bass to something lighter (more like normal bass guitar) and using high pitch kick. I always layer these muddy brasses and sawtooths because in the end my tracks always feel weak and hollow even if i use good amount of arps and strings.
I often go off key too because... if i not my melody always feels silly and amateurish.
What keys and chord progressions do you recommend? And what other tricks do you use for quirky J-Euro sound?
Thanks in advance.


Drums: the samples are perfect. Maybe more complexity and more samples?
Bass: I think it's too sharp. Maybe increase the amount of bass per beat? You can use sidechaining to clear the drums frequency that is fighting for space with the bass.
Synth: Good enough.
Brass: I think you need a strong brass to create a good punch on the song, especially on the intro part. The same synth using a higher octave. A new brass synth over?

It's good! Keep up the good work!

User avatar
HikariPL
Euro To B
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 18th, '16, 13:28
Location: Poland

Re: I'm lost :/

Post by HikariPL » Aug 20th, '17, 12:14

@KoolKool @sethreed Thanks for feedback!

I think i fixed all issues listed by both of you!
And finally fixed my non ASIO sound quality.
I fixed ballance on singing part, added a LOT more sidechaining to bass, Used new nice bright brass on top of mellody and added additional clap.
Yeah, original track by ZUN cause i don't feel motivated and inspired enough. But i am very happy with how this one turned out!
https://soundcloud.com/hikaripl/zun-jap ... beat-remix

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests