Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
xiao
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by xiao » Jan 16th, '18, 19:58

Last edited by xiao on Jan 23rd, '18, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
moonbunny

Bonkers
Euroheater

Re: Random Eurobeat Thoughts

Post by Bonkers » Jan 16th, '18, 20:31

Ya, this website has sooooooo much history information. You should almost sell it to a music museum.

xiao
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by xiao » May 19th, '18, 13:06

^ bump

My friend McBazooka told me something very wise one day... he said, You don't have to stop liking other genres just because you like Eurobeat, and vice versa.

I think I finally understood what he meant by that. We, as artists - fans - and life long students of music ~ ♪ should always strive to make the best possible songs, and incorporate everything into what we make.

Every single piece of music is wonderful ~ like the infinite colors of humanity Image
moonbunny

Crockett
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » May 20th, '18, 14:44

xiao wrote:
May 19th, '18, 13:06
My friend McBazooka told me something very wise one day... he said, You don't have to stop liking other genres just because you like Eurobeat, and vice versa.

I think I finally understood what he meant by that. We, as artists - fans - and life long students of music ~ ♪ should always strive to make the best possible songs, and incorporate everything into what we make.
From many years of experience since the school times I remember that always been two groups:

1. Fans of pop and dance music.

2. Fans of rock or metal music who avoided typical fun, parties, dancefloor etc. Rebels who felt different with their music contained deep lyrics, surrounded mysticism.

Now when I look at the Eurobeat scene around the world I find interesting relationships.

Producers who put significant effort in Eurobeat evolution even they clearly knew it's unpopular are still quite fresh on the market either they wouldn't play dance music in their personal CD player - they are rock and metalheads.

Regarding ordinary listeners, is it also only a coincidence that modern Eurobeat enthusiasts are sometimes the same persons who enjoy sub-genres of metal or another electronic high BPM sub-genres, and aren't much familiar with traditional disco culture from Italy ? There are obvious similarities between metal and aggressive Eurobeat for Japan. Going further they can't appreciate and understand anything older including Eurobeat.

Vice versa, people who stopped follow more contemporary Eurobeat prefer traditional 80's, 90's events, discotheques, original italian influenced sound and they are familiar with past reality in Italy.

As usual the exceptions prove the rule...

So of course, you don't have to stop liking other genres, however to be a fan of something means you like something very specified. And something doesn't mean all.

xiao
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by xiao » May 20th, '18, 23:54

I think we can draw inspiration from every corner of the music world to create Eurobeat!^^
moonbunny