A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
alpines
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 211
Joined: Aug 3rd, '14, 22:40

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by alpines » Oct 1st, '17, 06:45

xiao wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 06:34
Music .. Eurobeat .. like energy, won't ever be destroyed, but'll only transform from one form to another.
If it wouldn't then it would've been probably dead a few years ago. The only constant on this world is that everything is changing.
So instead of crying "the old days were better, screw new eurobeat duhhh", we should always look forward and make the best of it.

If you don't like many of the new songs (let's say everything above SEB 200/220) and you say "it was way better in the early days" then just think about which volume of music you're talking about. You're really gonna tell me that you liked 100 or even 200 SEBs without any complaint? I can't imagine that!

A few years from now on the same discussion will pop up with probably the same result.
jeurobeat wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 20:04
Most young people don't wish to listen to or be associated with a music style their parents or even grandparents used to listen to.
This sounds stupid to me, I don't know if there is anyone out there deciding his music taste about what his parents liked or didn't like.
But if that's true than it's really dumb, listen to the music you like. You don't have to judge your taste in music so why even bother?

User avatar
xiao
God of Romance
God of Romance
Posts: 966
Joined: Apr 21st, '16, 09:05
Location: ☆ 

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by xiao » Oct 1st, '17, 07:17

alpines wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 06:45
If you don't like many of the new songs (let's say everything above SEB 200/220) and you say "it was way better in the early days" then just think about which volume of music you're talking about. You're really gonna tell me that you liked 100 or even 200 SEBs without any complaint? I can't imagine that!
Misunderstandings ahoy!I think that paragraph was directed at Crockett :D ..
alpines wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 06:45
This sounds stupid to me, I don't know if there is anyone out there deciding his music taste about what his parents liked or didn't like.
But if that's true than it's really dumb, listen to the music you like. You don't have to judge your taste in music so why even bother?
Music's entertainment, kids judge it at face value by it's cover, and since there's no Initial D or DDR to promote Eurobeat like it used to be back in the 2000's .. Japanese kids tend to think it's uncool.

Speaking from a conversation I had w/ a Japanese friend that likes EDM & Dubstep, Jeurobeat is not far off the mark.

It takes time to discover all the fine intricacies of a genre that evolved out of Italo Disco .. otherwise, you're totally on point my friend. Image
moon★bunny

alpines
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 211
Joined: Aug 3rd, '14, 22:40

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by alpines » Oct 1st, '17, 07:40

xiao wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 07:17
Misunderstandings ahoy!I think that paragraph was directed at Crockett :D ..
I wasn't talking to you (although it might have seemed like that). I just wanted to carry on your idea on how the music will always change.
Don't worry ;)

User avatar
Anthony McBazooka
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 20th, '10, 19:16
Location: Lorraine
Contact:

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Oct 1st, '17, 13:20

para_rigby wrote:
Sep 29th, '17, 17:15
I think the biggest point you miss in all of this is how the genre and society have evolved. Society is less formal in wear when it comes to the dress code.
Bollocks! It's quite the opposite, the only difference is that there are now more dress codes than before, because every subculture has their own dress code. But nowadays you're even more fucked if you don't match any dress code and people can't put a label on you.

But the thing Dave Rodgers wears on the picture is not a business dress code, it's typical 90s fashion, really nothing very serious at all. So both pictures are pretty much the same, just another decade.
Crockett wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 15:51
In boutiques more and more clothes in male section look the same currently as in female section ! You can meet memes about that. Should I follow the fashion where a man doesn't look anymore like real man ?
Also bollocks! If there were any clothes that follow anatomy, I would agree with you, but fashion sense is completely socially constructed and the idea of a “real man” is already ideology. There are different chromosomes and they make anatomical differences, but nothing else follows from that. All that follows is socially constructed. Humans don't follow instincts, they learn things, adapt to their environment, but most importantly adapt also their environment to their needs. Science has advanced so far that anatomical differences don't play a role anymore.
jeurobeat wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 20:04
I'm not sure if there is a relationship between the production techniques and popularity. I personally feel the songs created with older techiniques sound better, but that's probably because I am old school. Some of the songs with new techniques sound good to me as well. I think decline of popularity has some other causes.
There is a certain relationship. Old production techniques were more limited than today's possibilities. When you are limited, you automatically have to be more creative to get great sounding results. And you have to explore new, uncommon ways of making music.
This becomes very clear when you listen to game soundtracks. Those good old 8-bit consoles had such nice tunes because the composers were extremely limited in their possibilities. So the few things they could play on those sound chips had to sound really great so that people would enjoy them. Nowadays almost every game has those extremely boring bombastic Hollywood orchestral soundtracks with no catchy melodies or anything. Just completely interchangeable trivial shit.
Luckily new Eurobeat isn't that bad.
alpines wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 06:45
jeurobeat wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 20:04
Most young people don't wish to listen to or be associated with a music style their parents or even grandparents used to listen to.
This sounds stupid to me, I don't know if there is anyone out there deciding his music taste about what his parents liked or didn't like.
But if that's true than it's really dumb, listen to the music you like. You don't have to judge your taste in music so why even bother?
There are some music styles that really shout “OLD FASHIONED” to young people, did you ever hear of German Schlager? But there are other styles that are extremely popular among young people like one of the shittiest music styles in the world: classic rock.

Nonetheless, I think it's totally fine if Crockett or anyone else wants to rant against some things from time to time and some things he says are not so far from being true.
Image

alpines
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 211
Joined: Aug 3rd, '14, 22:40

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by alpines » Oct 1st, '17, 13:29

Anthony McBazooka wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 13:20
There are some music styles that really shout “OLD FASHIONED” to young people, did you ever hear of German Schlager? But there are other styles that are extremely popular among young people like one of the shittiest music styles in the world: classic rock.
I live in Germany so yeah, I know. The only way to endure that kind of music is being heavily drunk.
That's why they play stuff like that at Mallorca and Oktoberfest I guess.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 19th, '14, 19:21
Location: Poland

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Crockett » Oct 1st, '17, 13:39

jeurobeat wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 20:04
I'm not sure if there is a relationship between the production techniques and popularity.
I deliberately haven’t precised whether is relation. I compared supposed result between praised development towards advanced techniques in production with simpler older sound. The result for popularity and sale doesn’t exist due to mentioned changes.
jeurobeat wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 20:04
Apparently most of those fans got bored, had enough songs, didn't like the direction of music or for whatever reason stopped listening to newer eurobeat.
Apparently most of Eurobeat discography reached the limit of acceptation by majority. If this music lost for people the essence, turned on wrong way, has nothing to do with former style – they don’t need it anymore by force.

Italo Disco, Italo House, Euro House, Eurodance died and fans listen to the latest records, keep sympathy and wait for possible revival of the groups.
jeurobeat wrote:
Sep 30th, '17, 20:04
King Kong - Boom Boom Dollar for instance sold millions and millions of records.


Mauro Farina is the best example of true, long evolution.

First I’m not sure why SAIFAM is used to call Eurobeat. In 2000, 17 years ago, SAIFAM had already 37 labels as a company.

Mauro Farina evolved from Italo Disco and throughout the boom of Eurobeat in 80’s and early 90’s gained legendary status and earned fortune.

Asia Records is currently commercial mark on Juno, not record label. Asia Records ceased activity in 1994. Mauro Farina probably noticed the Avex Trax policy, their way and collaboration with A.Beat-C. and Time and besides decided on next great step to focus again on Europe.

Boom Boom Beat was the actual label since 1995 to satiate the Eurobeat market and this logo you see on SEB.

What importance has 3B for SAIFAM in 2017 when in 2000 it was already less than 3 % of Mauro Farina business ?

This man at least is honest and doesn’t hide the fact he moved to pure business on music after the golden years of being producer, composer, and vocalist.

He always made good decisions and remains the forerunner of both Italo Disco, Eurobeat and now pioneer on the italian dance-pop scene.

I don’t suggest that everyone should left Japan and go to big money, but since the japanese pop culture swallowed Eurobeat, artists have been isolated and constantly go down to underground. Avex Trax doesn’t help.

These aren't attempts to get up from knees. The majority may be bored next unknown aliases on tracklists, bland image of the genre, totally closed on 1 CD per 2 months.
Last edited by Crockett on Oct 2nd, '17, 09:57, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
para_rigby
Euroheater
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 18:50
Location: Wichita, KS, USA
Contact:

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by para_rigby » Oct 1st, '17, 13:43

I propose this to everyone...,instead of bitching about things were better back in the day, what are ways things in which the genre could do to keep it vital and alive?

User avatar
Bonkers
Master of Time
Master of Time
Posts: 1104
Joined: Oct 3rd, '10, 14:11
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Bonkers » Oct 1st, '17, 14:20

para_rigby wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 13:43
I propose this to everyone...,instead of bitching about things were better back in the day, what are ways things in which the genre could do to keep it vital and alive?
Definitely not wait 6 months to give us new Eurobeat.

User avatar
para_rigby
Euroheater
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 18:50
Location: Wichita, KS, USA
Contact:

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by para_rigby » Oct 1st, '17, 14:30

Bonkers wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 14:20
para_rigby wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 13:43
I propose this to everyone...,instead of bitching about things were better back in the day, what are ways things in which the genre could do to keep it vital and alive?
Definitely not wait 6 months to give us new Eurobeat.
Amen.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 19th, '14, 19:21
Location: Poland

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Crockett » Oct 1st, '17, 15:15

para_rigby wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 13:43
I propose this to everyone...,instead of bitching about things were better back in the day, what are ways things in which the genre could do to keep it vital and alive?
Desires aren't enough. Why modern Eurobeat must exist so long ? Eurobeat will never disappear thanks to rich history and loyal old listeners. Melting the genre in various forms of japanese entertainment isn't solution to keep doing a good music. If you need just next CD more often than 6 months what for to discuss negative and positive sides of evolution, their influence on people feelings ?

I described adventures of 60 years old Mauro Farina who has done so much already.

Artists are getting old together with their voices, younger can't count on Eurobeat, they have own careers and passions.

Who wants to keep Eurobeat alive among producers on high level should remind himself how he was doing it before or kick ass of Avex Trax and stop put a brave face on things.
Last edited by Crockett on Oct 2nd, '17, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Anthony McBazooka
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 20th, '10, 19:16
Location: Lorraine
Contact:

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Oct 1st, '17, 19:24

para_rigby wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 13:43
I propose this to everyone...,instead of bitching about things were better back in the day, what are ways things in which the genre could do to keep it vital and alive?
Seriously, why? It has the same effect on what will happen to Eurobeat in the future than the bitching. So if there is no need for bitching, there is also not the need to start another discussion about what someone can do to keep Eurobeat alive.
Personally I think both is okay, bitching and wishing. At least both keep the community alive. ;)
Image

Crockett
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 19th, '14, 19:21
Location: Poland

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Crockett » Oct 1st, '17, 19:43

Anthony McBazooka wrote:
Oct 1st, '17, 13:20
There is a certain relationship. Old production techniques were more limited than today's possibilities. When you are limited, you automatically have to be more creative to get great sounding results. And you have to explore new, uncommon ways of making music.
Each less mainstream Italo Disco song was so different from other tracks in 80's. It wasn't made for commercial success, for quickly releasing CD series. Weak equipment or exactly limited devices at studio enforced to be non stop creative. Those producers could anyway invent several, dozens styles operating a few available channels.

How many components you need to eat a good dinner ? For sure you don't need put to basket at shopping 100 things.

Good italian spaghetti I eat once per several days requires 4 components. The most important is their quality and taste – and your taste to choose components.

Same is in a song.

Artists shouldn't transform themselves for IT engineers but remains musicians and use more mind with help of computers.

Praised so called mature, full sound is seemingly great because ordinary fans may not know what is under this sound...

Of course producers can replace all real studio on software, but then spend much more hours to use these unlimited options in appropriate way.

That’s the solution to keep Eurobeat fresh.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Apr 19th, '14, 19:21
Location: Poland

Re: A little more serious facts regarding Eurobeat evolution and its renown

Post by Crockett » Oct 2nd, '17, 20:21

ParaPara, Anime might be evaluated as a bit desperate ways just to save Eurobeat when ideas stuck in nowhere, not to develop and back to the interesting standard form of the dance music.

Lessons of difficult moves the body aren't touch the soul of music, its history and future. In view of form of this interpretation of Eurobeat, it always fits to any sound, even better when songs are contemporary, complicated for dancers, who need good background for a show.

With the proviso - in Tokyo danced special teams assigned to Maharaja clubs, and another 100 000 ordinary fans bought and enjoyed CDs.

Now overseas dances every second person and we are trying to convince that this is Eurobeat market rescue, declaration of sympathy helpful to cover expenses of studio that at least record a next track…

I respect an addition like ParaPara, but not obsession and invented role of ParaPara for needs of foreign communities which confused music and art of some dance.

As a traditional European I require quite a lot from Eurobeat made in Italy, well, if artists once could be so fantastic.

It’s not a sin.


Before you criticize next thread I put to your throat supposedly by force, try lean over such simple cases I posted so far. We have lost a lot from the best Eurobeat reality, and regular releasing of SEB isn’t the biggest target.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests