Can't login on to the forum? READ THIS!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Can't login on to the forum? READ THIS!

Post by Bore » Apr 20th, '17, 16:44

Okay, this bulleting entry should have been done a long time ago already, but better late than never. With the upgrade to the phpbb base on the forum, the new captchas weren't exactly strong enough to keep the flood of bots outside and therefore we had to install a stronger door to block all the flood coming in.

So basically when you have signed on to the forum normally with your username and password. A pop-up window will ask for your username and password again, but this time it's not your username and password but instead you type in guest / guest. The initial setting should've directly told that to everyone trying to log on, but apparently different interfaces change this message and we haven't found a simple way to make it appear identically for everyone. See below for what it *should* look like.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Can't login on to the forum? READ THIS!

Post by KiraTM » Apr 22nd, '17, 21:01

Is there another feature possible? I find it quite confusing for newbies.
And is it possible to make the forum readable for those who aren't logged in? It was pretty handy for my mobile phone to read new posts on the go without logging in. Since I'm using strong passwords, I try to avoid logging in on mobile devices.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by M2-EB » Apr 22nd, '17, 22:40

KiraTM wrote:
Apr 22nd, '17, 21:01
Is there another feature possible? I find it quite confusing for newbies.
And is it possible to make the forum readable for those who aren't logged in? It was pretty handy for my mobile phone to read new posts on the go without logging in. Since I'm using strong passwords, I try to avoid logging in on mobile devices.
It's in the main page's news, maybe Bore could make it as a sticky or something?

xiao
God of Romance
God of Romance

Post by xiao » Apr 22nd, '17, 23:33

I think everyone knows how to log-in by now. They're just apprehensive to give the new look a try ~ since they were so accustomed to the grey theme of the board we used to have for over a decade. Image

...personally I've kind of grown to like the new electric blue theme of the forum though
moon★bunny