Super Eurobeat Vol. 243

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
magiblot
Euro To B

Re: Super Eurobeat Vol. 243

Post by magiblot » Jul 2nd, '17, 15:36

The lyrics and vocals of Rocket to New Planet seem to be based on Denise - In My Dreams. In addition, the introduction reminds me a little of Cody - Back To You. Both of them are old school songs from Delta.

xiao
Euroheater

Post by xiao » Jul 2nd, '17, 18:01

Last edited by xiao on Jan 17th, '18, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » Jul 3rd, '17, 07:02

Gonna do a review of this cd , because its one of my favorites of the past year. Possibly my favorite? I don't do short reviews because I touch on all aspects of what either makes or breaks a Eurobeat song for me. I'm one of the oldest members here and my tastes usually differ greatly, but this cd really brought out the power of all labels involved. No one bad song. No filler material and many, many words of praise to the songs and labels who contributed to this great work of music. I bring you my review of Super Eurobeat vol. 243.

1. Seastar - Burning Inside Out (Extended) (SCP)
This first track really surprised me. Thanking SCP for taking the TIME to give me a little bit more to music to appreciate. At a runTIME of 4:21; this sounds like an actual extended. It has a great intro and just before the 3:00 mins mark it breaks into a cool sounding mini break. This actually reminds me of when HRG Attack and Delta were dishing out those SEB edits that actually sounded like a complete song. I bring this up, because this will be the basis for giving this and many others a great review. As for the track, Seastar had already won my heart with the super aggressive "Made Out Of Fire". "Burning Inside Out" brings back that super aggressive side of their female singers; that I; honestly prefer. The songs itself is catchy enough, but let me go back to the real special parts of the song. The synth riff, because it is possibly one of the best I've heard from the label all year. This one is neasily one of the best tracks on the cd.
10/10

2. Manuel & Lolita - Foxy Love (Extended) (GGMs)
Too much complaining about this song. Sure it's slower in the BPMs, but for me, that's what gave it the magic it needed and the much needed Italofvibe in the chorus. Lolita's screeching vocals still gives it the illusion that is indeed faster, but it didn't need to be any faster to be as powerful as it is now. I also like the fact, that the song's melody stays in tune and not off-tune as some of Manuel's songs often do. This is Maunel and Lolita's first duet , so the song also holds a special place in my heart. That and the fact that is is a very nice hybrid of Aishu style mixed with aggressive vocals.
9/10

3. Mela - Never Know Why (Factory Team Extended) (Saifam)
This one again surprised me, because I didn't preview it on Juno at all. Instead I waited to see what effect I would get from first listening to it among the other songs on this compilation? The first thing I noticed, is that it didn't sound like usual Tipsy and Tipsy fare. We have a nice "build up" style intro, reminding me a lot of the old Boom Boom Beat days. The synth riff is also pleasant enough giving the listener a relaxing atmosphere which fits perfectly, coulped with Mela's great vocal works. The most special part would have to be that 3rd verse. It drops the percussion just for enough TIME to give it a bit of that Italo feel. I like to think of this as one of those SAW style melodies with a Eurobeat kick.
8+/10

4. Ace - On a New Dirty Road. (SEB edit) (SCP)
I'm not a fan of short intros. No matter how great the song is; you just don't give me enough TIME to absorb the coming melodies and synth riffs. This is a good song, but one that I consider would be better for nonstop mixes. It just goes by too fast to really get that feel. I love the aggressivness and Ace sounds top notch, but if I were to compare this ;to say, "Burning Inside Out"; I'd have to say , Seastar's song is a much more complete song.
7/10

5. Tora - Set My Love In Flames (Extended) (Sinclaire Style)
Were back to familiar territory as the latest song by Tora bursts through your speakers. Sinclare gives us some techno-ish sorta club sounds, but it actually adds the power to the upcoming synths. Just an observation, but lately Sinclaire's girls have been on fire. Could it be that the song's titles are actually giving off that power. Whatever the reason be, he is hitting bulls eye on every compilation. There are also many special parts through out the song, such as that third verse where he brings back the techno-ish vibe. This also actually reminds me of how crafty TIME records would add in techno effects into their songs. At the 4:30 time, Sinclaire backs up Tora's vocals with some raw guitar works, giving the song yet another level of power that takes it all the way to the outro. Another superb showing for Bratt and co.
9/10

6. Claudia VIP - One Night Driller (Extended) (HRG Attack)
I'm not too keen on the different singers on HRG Attack, but here she sounded very different. Either they added a little lower tone to her vocals or she is; in fact a different singer? That already gives off a very unique feel to the song, especially if you like to view the different aliases as different entities. I wanna say, we are up to my first favorite song of the disc, and it's usually the case; when that first HRG Attack song, bursts through my speakers, but for now; let's just say, it's in my top 5 favorites of the disc. Claudia VIP's songs always give off a strong racing themed melody, especially with the perfect "build up" intros, that only HRG Attack can dream up. "One Night Driller" has all the right elements for one of those old school racing songs. It pulls all the stops with HRG Attack's trademark mini explosions after every line and that synth riff that just never quits. Think of that skyline that never runs out of horse power as you take it to the highest limits your dream machine can go .
10/10

7. Paul Harris - You My Eurobeat (Extended) (Delta)
Paul Harris is always a crowd- pleaser , when ever he releases new material. He is also the king of those Traditional Italo melodies. This song again showcases some of the most poweful Eurobeat vocals ever. This song has a great sounding synth riff which basically adds huge power to the song. It's even better when you realize that this song wouldn't sound out of place mixed with one of those Kevin Johnson classics. If you are an Italo fan; you will no doubt love that third act of the song. Vocals are dropped in exchange to listen to all the special synth sounds behind the song. This is especially important to me, since I like to pick up on all the synth sounds the song has. There is one continuous synth melo played through out the song. It;s giving the song it's romantic vibe, and sounds, all so special once you really listen to it's magic in that third act of the song. Wonderful track, up to the last ;"Your my Eurobeat" line, in the outro.
10+/10

8. Dream Fighters - War (Extended) (Dima Music)
My main beef with this song, is that I couldn't tell the difference between this one and the bulk of Dima Tracks from the last few years. Even the lyrics seemed rehashed to a point. The guitars are adding power to the song, but they arr also from a much better Dream Fighters track. So in the end; while not a bad song, this new Dima track really didn't bring me anything new. Probably the last great; Dream Fighers ,song, I can actually say, blew me away was "Dance For Love"
6+/10

9. Dee Dee Wonder - Twist And Shake (Extended) (HRG Attack)
We are up to my favorite track off this compilation. She is surely a different vocalists than the one from "One Night Driller". The first thing that grabs my attention is that Beautiful Piano intro. The contrast of that Aishu vibe, and the aggressiveness of the song's actual synth riff melody, are giving the listener the perfect atmosphere for what's coming next. When you have listened and paid attention to all HRG Attack melodies through out the verses; you know not to expect anything but powerful vocal arrangements from the team. The build-up effect is always present in the intros, but this songs gives us two breaks. The intro is one, but you also have at the 3:42 mark. This is the one that perfectly sets the stage for the last chorus and synth riff.
10+/10

10. David Dima - Stay Together Now Or Never (Extended) (Dima Music)
I noticed that this song gave me a stronger epic feel than the Dream Fighters track did. It is not a rehashed track at all. We have a different intro with different melody. I originally gave this a low grade by the Youtube preview alone, but upon listening to the full trcak; I have to the conclusion, that is in fact one of David Dima's strongest tracks in the past years. The slowness of the track didn't phase me at all, because it wouldn't have worked at any other speed. It's the speed that gives the hard guitar sounds during the verses , that unique sound. The rock vibe is surely there too. So I went from a sad looking smiley to ;possibly one of my top 5 tracks off this compilation. I ; jokingly say, this is how you properly rehash one of your own songs. Song title and everything. Truly an epic marvel best enjoyed with earphones in the dark with only the moonlight shing through your window. Try it and hear what I hear.
10/10

11. Cherry - Love & Diamonds (Extended) (Delta)
Oh wow! We are up to one of the most beautiful and powerful entries from Delta. At first listen I thought this might have been a little weak, but after a few more listens and really letting the song's atmosphere settle into my heart, I take that bcak and say it's truley a wonderful 90's lined classic. Clara sounds at her most melodic. It's a wonder to hear her different tones from Cd to Cd. This song brings back many memories from that old school Delta sound of the 90's. The soundworlds may not be as powerful , but those percussion and synth sounds are true old school elements, and I for one, am glad; they brought it back at least for this compilation.
9+/10

12. Louise - Across The Rainbow (Extended) (HRG Attack)
A third entry from HRG Attack and what an beauty this one is. You can almost tell from the title what to expect. It's gong to be romantically vibed with the vocal arrangements, but lined with powerful synth works that only HRG Attack can put out disc after disc. Seldom do I consider the actual sounds and intros and breaks more special than the song itself, but right here, it kinda fits. In fact the one part where I could truly appreciate the magic of the song was the third act. That's where the backround hard bass is dropped to focus more on the synth works. These are the parts that mostly stuck out the strongest. That and the last break where her vocals went up a few octaves. Once you break down the song into all it's specail parts, the finished product sounds even better.
9/10

13. Elly - One More Dance (SEB edit) (SCP)
I couldn't even remember her last song, but once this one commenced, I knew it was way better. Short intros are not my forte, but strong powerful female vocals can carry a song on it's wings all the way to the end. Right here Elly uses that famous; Lolita style singing. Very high tones and agin this song gives me something really special at that 3:00 min mark. It's that alternate way of presenting that third act of the song; that gives this one even more power and gives it the illusion of a complete song. I didn't even realize it's was only 4:00 mins until I looked at the song's length. I thought it was about 5:00 mins? That alone gives you a point extra.
8+/10

14. Bon - Rocket To A New Planet (Extended) (Sinclaire Style)
Poor Nando Bonini. Again he gets ripped off out of closing the cd. It's a shame, because Sinclaire is really dreaming up so exciting intros to go with his songs. On this song; Bon is singing in his higher tone. Think of "Mission To Tokyo". This one is also at least to me giving me the impression of one of the fastest songs on the compilation. Others have mentioned the melody of Denise "In My Dreams", and it is indeed there. damn! How I wish vinyls was still being pressed for some fierce mixing action. This to me would have been a perfect opportunity to make this song a sort of duet with Ana or Les. That would have been super epic. As the song stands; it surely is my second favorite on this compilation. Before I wrap up my review of this amazing song; there is one part, I must mention, that totally blew my Eurobeat fuse . Here it comes. Wow! That mid break totally took me by surprise, and it perfectly got me ready for that third act. This is how you make an extended.
10+/10

15. Bamboo Bimbo - My Exit Heaven (SEB edit) (SCP)
So once again SCP gets to close out the cd. I consider this to be an exceptional song. It's probably the one that gets me most upset too, because of it's short length. I feel all the special parts were left on the cutting room floor. With that out of the way; I will surely take this song through the Audacity extended program. I must also say, that with me ,finally hearing that Bamboo Bimbo is indeed female; the song gives off that strong aggressiveness vibe ,more than any other; Bamboo Bimbo; song has in the past. I do not thing it's strong enough of a worthy closing to an exceptional cd like this one, but it is still surely one of the best SCP songs this year.
9-/10

The reason I haven't done more reviews is because I feel the past few cds were not as strong as this one. They surely had one of two of my absolute favorites of the year, like songs from Mari, Roberta, that triple threat, female ,Sinclaire, buffet , Bon and a of course every HRG Attack song, but the rest of the songs, seemed like filler material. This one in turn not only had great songs wall to wall, but also a variety of great songs from all labels. I can truly say I found a favorites from all labels that contributed. That alone is worthy of a good review. I see many complain about the slower BPM of these songs. Eurobeat has never been about faster BPMs, but rather the BPMs that appropriately fit the song's atmosphere. For the sake of argument; I say the song's on this compilation had the perfect bpms to fit the style and melodies that each label was trying to capture.

Top 5 songs.
Twist and Shake
Rocket To A New Planet
You My Eurobeat
Burning Inside Out
Stay Together Now and Forever

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bore » Jul 3rd, '17, 19:04

Great reviews! I haven't had much time to get totally invested into this album, but I do feel it's one strong entry over all! Just quick numbers on what I feel bout this entry. Overall the only real problem is that with an album where the level doesn't really notch down at all, it all ends up feeling rather bland. But still, especially the beginning and end are spectacular.

1.Seastar - Burning Inside Out 10+/10 (Total highlight of this album, definitely best eurobeat in ages)
2.Manuel & Lolita - Foxy Love 8-/10
3.Mela - Never Know Why 8/10
4.Ace - New Dirty Road 10-/10
5.Tora - Set My Love In Flames 9½/10
6.Claudia Vip - One Night Driller 9/10
7.Paul Harris - You My Eurobeat 7/10
8.Dream Fighters - War 8-/10
9.Dee Dee Wonder - Twist And Shake 7½/10
10.David Dima - Stay Together Now Or Never 9-/10
11.Cherry - Love & Diamonds 8/10
12.Louise - Across The Rainbow 8½/10
13.Elly - One More Dance 9+/10
14.Bon - Rocket To New Planet 9/10
15.Bamboo Bimbo - My Exit Heaven 10-/10

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Jul 3rd, '17, 19:10

drnrg wrote:
Jul 3rd, '17, 07:02
So once again SCP gets to close out the cd. I consider this to be an exceptional song. It's probably the one that gets me most upset too, because of it's short length. I feel all the special parts were left on the cutting room floor. With that out of the way; I will surely take this song through the Audacity extended program. I must also say, that with me ,finally hearing that Bamboo Bimbo is indeed female; the song gives off that strong aggressiveness vibe ,more than any other; Bamboo Bimbo; song has in the past. I do not thing it's strong enough of a worthy closing to an exceptional cd like this one, but it is still surely one of the best SCP songs this year.
No it's not. This song is mainly sung by Christian Codenotti. And in the chorus, he is backed by a female. But mostly Christian, aka Ace.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » Jul 4th, '17, 05:13

Lebon14 wrote:
Jul 3rd, '17, 19:10
drnrg wrote:
Jul 3rd, '17, 07:02
No it's not. This song is mainly sung by Christian Codenotti. And in the chorus, he is backed by a female. But mostly Christian, aka Ace.
Well, he must have taken some hormones, because he sounds very female. :P Not complaining, because I actually think whatever effect they used on his vocals, gave it that much more power. That's also a crafty way to add a new fictional female artsist to your label. The artist name alone, gives the impression that SCP wanted his vocals to sound female.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Jul 4th, '17, 11:26

drnrg wrote:
Jul 4th, '17, 05:13
Well, he must have taken some hormones, because he sounds very female. :P Not complaining, because I actually think whatever effect they used on his vocals, gave it that much more power. That's also a crafty way to add a new fictional female artsist to your label. The artist name alone, gives the impression that SCP wanted his vocals to sound female.
OK, I reviewed the song.
This stems from the fact that me and Rain197 was arguiing over the same thing: the vocals when the previews were up. Christian is definitely in there. However, some vocals are sung by the female alone (ie. Verse). But in the other parts, Christian sings at the same time as the girl, overlayed together pretty damn well. Listen to Kiss and Higher My Passion where it was strictly Christian to hear what he sounds like again, pitched up. Once you do, you'll notice where he sings along in My Exit Heaven.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » Jul 5th, '17, 02:52

Lebon14 wrote:
Jul 4th, '17, 11:26
drnrg wrote:
Jul 4th, '17, 05:13
OK, I reviewed the song.
This stems from the fact that me and Rain197 was arguiing over the same thing: the vocals when the previews were up. Christian is definitely in there. However, some vocals are sung by the female alone (ie. Verse). But in the other parts, Christian sings at the same time as the girl, overlayed together pretty damn well. Listen to Kiss and Higher My Passion where it was strictly Christian to hear what he sounds like again, pitched up. Once you do, you'll notice where he sings along in My Exit Heaven.
you are totally right. I also never once thought a female sung those other two songs. I didn't know it was Christian then, but surely it was male pitched up very high.

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » Jul 5th, '17, 12:05

To me it rather sounds like Jager, not like Ace because Jager has that natural chipmunk timbre in his voice.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Jul 5th, '17, 12:27

Anthony McBazooka wrote:
Jul 5th, '17, 12:05
To me it rather sounds like Jager, not like Ace because Jager has that natural chipmunk timbre in his voice.
He was in Go Kooky Go. Compare Go Kooky Go to Kiss, then back to My Exit Heaven. Thanks.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » Jul 8th, '17, 23:41

Listening to this now. Am I the only one who has not really been into Manuel since his return? His vocals are all over the place with pitch and it's just not melodic

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Jul 9th, '17, 01:13

otter87 wrote:
Jul 8th, '17, 23:41
Listening to this now. Am I the only one who has not really been into Manuel since his return? His vocals are all over the place with pitch and it's just not melodic
I see what you mean and I can agree to an extent. I much prefered Manuel under Sandro Olivia than his own compositions too. "Ready, Steady, Go!" and "Gas Gas Gas"... those were killer. And the A-Beat-C stuff was amazing too.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » Jul 9th, '17, 03:24

otter87 wrote:
Jul 8th, '17, 23:41
I wish Manuel would go back to having his tracks like his AbeatC material. I also wish someone else at GoGos was just as active as he is. Where's Domino? Go Go Girls? And past vocalists from the label?

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » Jul 9th, '17, 16:22

His work were a lot more "serious" and somewhat bland in the past, it was good and also really common. The guy want to go nuts with his music? Why not lol. Hi-Nrg Attack does that all the time and it's one of their charm. I really enjoy how Manuel can be creative and show no limits without straying too further from eurobeat now that he's his own producer/writer.

magiblot
Euro To B

Post by magiblot » Jul 9th, '17, 22:03

This is what Manuel thinks about this issue:

I understand that many fans don't like Manuel's latest tracks as much as the old ones. But, in spite of the old ones being very good, they were not as much from his own as the new ones are. I feel like Manuel is one of the most motivated and innovative Eurobeat artist of the last times, and thus I'm not going to reproach his "less accepted" works.
M2-EB wrote:
Jul 9th, '17, 16:22
I really enjoy how Manuel can be creative and show no limits without straying too further from eurobeat now that he's his own producer/writer.
I believe there are not many artists like him in the modern Eurobeat scene, so it should be a reason to think highly of him and to looking forward to his personal evolution as a musician.