Looking for similar SEB tracks

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Nightstalker
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad

Looking for similar SEB tracks

Post by Nightstalker » Mar 14th, '17, 16:47

Greetings, I've got into Eurobeat music genre a while ago and have already managed to love it with all my heart. I really like some of the tracks as they sound rather appealing, and I wonder if there're some similar ones to my favorites. I'm not sure if there're some SEB subtypes because every track released in different year sounds different, so please tell me if I've missed something.
I'm looking for tracks similar to these ones:

Code: Select all

Dusty - Rock Me To The Top
Dusty - Hey Ho, Let's Go
Ace - Fightin Over Freedom
Bamboo Bimbo - Kiss
Boris - Ringtone
Casanova - Superfly
Dave Simon - King Of Your Extasy
Dejo - Wilder Faster Louder
Delta Queens - Baccarah
Derreck Simons - I Am A Superstar
Elena Ferretti - Sugar Baby
Fastway - Big Brother
Fastway - Formula 1
(Pretty much all other Fastway's tracks)
Go 2 - Christine - Blood on Fire
Go 2 - Hot Hot Racin' Car
Hotblade - Disconnected
Jilly - Halloween
Leslie Parrish - Heart Of Stone
Lou Grant - What Kind Of Cure
Magika - Planet Love
Manuel - Gas Gas Gas
Marko Polo - Jungle Fever
Marko Polo - Baby Queen Seventeen
Marko Polo - Peace And Love For Christmas
Max Coveri - Golden Age
Max Coveri - Like A Thunder
Mega NRG Man - Lady Samurai
Mega NRG Man - Seventies
Mega NRG Man - Transmission
Neo - Midnight Love
Niko & Cherry - Niko Kickboxing
Oda - Sex Crime
Rick Castle - Midnight Lady
The Snake - Queen Of Mean
A-Beat Power Feat. Edo Dave & Domino - Wanted
Domino - Scream Team - Boom Boom Scream
The list might be pretty big, actually, but you know there's never enough of SEB. Thank you in advance if you post something similar here.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Re: Looking for similar SEB tracks

Post by para_rigby » Mar 15th, '17, 03:22

The problem with asking for similar tracks is that your list shows a decent range of varied sounds so it may be hard to give recommendations. I would just suggest listening to as many tracks as you can so you can get an idea of what your taste is for. I'm living for older female Delta songs, right now.

Nightstalker
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Nightstalker » Mar 15th, '17, 03:36

para_rigby wrote:
Mar 15th, '17, 03:22
The problem with asking for similar tracks is that your list shows a decent range of varied sounds so it may be hard to give recommendations. I would just suggest listening to as many tracks as you can so you can get an idea of what your taste is for. I'm living for older female Delta songs, right now.
Well, to be more specific, I'd like to listen to something less energetic like "Golden Age" and "Baccarah" (so something released in a time period of 99-01), Something electronic like "King Of Your Extasy" and "Kiss" and something fast and energetic like "Queen of Mean", "Jungle Fever" and "Hot Hot Racin' Car".

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Mar 15th, '17, 05:22

para_rigby wrote:
Mar 15th, '17, 03:22
Agreed. Just listened to eurobeat and eventually, you'll find your ideal sound.
Elena Ferretti - Sugar Baby
Not technically wrong but the song is sung under her alias "Alexis". So, it should be "Alexis - Sugar Baby".
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

xiao
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by xiao » Mar 15th, '17, 12:24

Nightstalker wrote:Well, to be more specific, I'd like to listen to something less energetic like "Golden Age" and "Baccarah" (so something released in a time period of 99-01), Something electronic like "King Of Your Extasy" and "Kiss" and something fast and energetic like "Queen of Mean", "Jungle Fever" and "Hot Hot Racin' Car".
One word EUROMACH. All of it ... and welcome to the forum my friend! ★ Your list is beyond excellent to say the least. ^^
precious little diamond

Bonkers
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by Bonkers » Mar 15th, '17, 13:47

Ya, your list is spread out not only between styles, but between years and years. I would suggest getting my hands on the Euromach albums, the yearly Best Of additions, and start collecting all the new releases. Also, I would definitely dig into the SEB releases between 2006-2009. That era will have a lot of what you're looking for.

Nightstalker
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Nightstalker » Mar 15th, '17, 20:32

Thanks guys, I'll check Euromach releases out and the ones between 2006-2009, I know it's my fault that I weren't specific enough but it's still very nice that you're giving me accurate recommendations.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » Mar 15th, '17, 21:07

If you want energetic 90s eurobeat, you can also look at the Eurobeat Flash. There's some absolute eurobeat gems there.

xiao
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by xiao » Mar 16th, '17, 17:59

Eurobeat Flash is a great anothology like Rigby mentioned. And also aside from Flash & Mach ... I'd suggest checking-out the following 3 series as well, as they're also very original & fun to listen/dance/etc to →

1. Super Eurofreak
2. Eurobeat Blast
3. VIP Mega Euro Star

And if you wanna get into Hyper Techno which is essentially Eurobeat meets Techno, as the name suggest lol, there's no better series than →

4. We Love TechPara
5. Sinclairestyle HyperTechno

All 5 compilations are very short but sweet ... and they offer an alternative sound from the SEB series. Discogs, Amazon, and eBay are great places to find them in good condition. Have fun exploring the wide range of awesome that the studios have made throughout the years! ✨
precious little diamond

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » Mar 17th, '17, 18:55

HT grew out of 90s rave music, I believe. It morphed once those involved in Eurobeat started producing their own brand of HT.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » Mar 18th, '17, 22:34

Probably the easiest way to go about identifying similar tracks to the ones you listed would be, first, to figure out which label they came from, and second, to research what year they were made. Every label has its own highly distinct sound, which evolves over the course of time, but productions not only made by the same label but also during the same era tend to sound extremely similar.

In your case, most of your picks seem to be from Delta and SCP, with some A-Beat C thrown in, as well. The Delta songs you listed, however, are predominantly from the 1990s, back when the label had a juicier and more aggressive sound, so you may want to use Eurobeat-Prime's database to search for Delta songs that appeared on SEB 64 through SEB 99.

The A-Beat C songs you listed are also mostly from the 1990s, and they're also overwhelmingly sung by Tomas Marin, so I suggest searching for Mega NRG Man/Derreck Simons/Mr. Groove songs from SEB 32-99, as well as the Maharaja Night series.

Your picks for SCP cover pretty much every era the label has existed, but since they're almost entirely energetic male songs, you'll do just find searching Fastway, Dusty, Ace, Go 2, Nick Mansell, Hotblade, and The Snake (Van T.K. and Jay Lehr are much dancier and probably don't suit your personal taste as well...) and then tracking down the albums that contain the songs you discover.

Here's cheeseman's complete eurobeat catalogue, which you can use as an additional resource: catalogue v3.4

Nightstalker
Bad Bad Bad
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Nightstalker » Mar 26th, '17, 20:14

I've listened to plenty of tracks thanks to your recommendations. The most enjoyable artists for me were Jeff Driller, Mad Max and Mister Max, especially the latter one with his cool synths and catchy tracks. Nick Mansell's tracks, which #Infinity suggested, were pretty energetic too, pretty close to what I was looking for.

xiao
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by xiao » Mar 27th, '17, 09:00

Nightstalker wrote:I've listened to plenty of tracks thanks to your recommendations. The most enjoyable artists for me were Jeff Driller, Mad Max and Mister Max, especially the latter one with his cool synths and catchy tracks. Nick Mansell's tracks, which #Infinity suggested, were pretty energetic too, pretty close to what I was looking for.
Jeff Driller's Cactus Girl had me in love with him for months last year lol :D

Nick Mansell is the olden SCP back when Initial D was still in production & Ace + Stefano ran a tight SEB ship!

Digital Planet (coincidentally his name's also Stefano) made a couple of similar tunes, tho I think for Contini ... man i wish he was still active in the Eurosphere :x

But yeah if you liked Nick Mansell, I'd suggest anything SCP made prior to Jager & the 200's ~ that's classic SCP in my book! ♫

I know hardcore Eurobeat people typically hate Initial D because e'ww anime BUT anything in the Official Soundtrax from 1st to last stage is uber golden in my book. So I'd suggest all of the ID soundtracks ever made haha ~ ^^✌️
precious little diamond