[FRIDAY MAY 9TH!] plug.dj - Let's schedule a meetup?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
otter87
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

[FRIDAY MAY 9TH!] plug.dj - Let's schedule a meetup?

Post by otter87 » Apr 15th, '14, 07:47

For anyone unfamiliar, plug.dj is a social music website much in the vain of the now-dead website turntable.fm where you join a user-created room (typically based around a certain genre, website, etc.) and the people in the room take turns playing songs that they stream from YouTube for the rest of the room to listen to. Each room has a built-in chatroom and each user has an avatar which appears as the DJ of the room when their chosen song is playing and the rest of the users appear as the crowd.

I thought it would be a cool idea to get an EBP room going and perhaps we could schedule a day where we could all meet up and play some songs together. Mainly Eurobeat, but no reason not to venture a little bit either.

I will be hosting this on Friday May 9th at 12:00pm my time, UTC−08:00 time zone. I'm sorry if you are unavailable on this day, hopefully we will do this again in the near future!

In order to use plug.dj, you need a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account. You will then be able to create an account with plug.dj. I know this is a bit redundant, but it is what it is. I recommend that those of you who plan on taking part in the meet-up check out the website before-hand to familiarize yourselves with it's layout, build a playlist, and so-on.

The room we will be meeting in is located at: http://plug.dj/eurobeat-prime/

You can access this room at anytime, even now, to get acquainted.

As stated before, I live in the UTC−08:00 time zone. To see the current date and time for where I live, check here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/los-angeles

After viewing this, you can see the difference in time by hours and plan accordingly. For example, if it says it is 5pm in Los Angeles when you check and where you live it is actually 8pm, then there is a 3 hour time difference and the meet-up would be at 3pm on Friday your time.
Last edited by otter87 on May 7th, '14, 20:57, edited 10 times in total.

Bonkers
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by Bonkers » Apr 15th, '14, 20:11

I'm in

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » Apr 15th, '14, 20:27

HELL YEAH

Friday or Sunday would be ideal for me

otter87
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » Apr 15th, '14, 22:03

Mindsweeper wrote:HELL YEAH

Friday or Sunday would be ideal for me
I could do it this Friday evening but I think that's a little short notice to try to get a decent number of people to participate. I think a weekend would be best I'm thinking maybe Sat the 26th or Sunday the 27th? How's that sound?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Apr 16th, '14, 00:10

Why not.
Don't forget about time-zones.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

otter87
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » Apr 16th, '14, 00:43

Lebon14 wrote:Why not.
I thought about this. Not really sure where the brunt of people on this forum are located, but I would guess North & South America and Europe.

I'm in California, Pacific Time Zone UTC -8. I was thinking to start maybe around 11am or 12pm my time?

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » Apr 16th, '14, 02:00

^ we're in the same time zone! I could do 11 or 12 as well, depending on the day (sometimes I get called in to work on weekends)

Bonkers
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by Bonkers » Apr 16th, '14, 02:10

I'm in TN...3 hours ahead of you. :?

otter87
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » Apr 16th, '14, 02:58

Mindsweeper wrote:^ we're in the same time zone! I could do 11 or 12 as well, depending on the day (sometimes I get called in to work on weekends)
I'll have to wait for my schedule to be made for that week to know which day I'll actually be available, but hopefully we have the same one
Bonkers wrote:I'm in TN...3 hours ahead of you. :?
3pm wouldn't be too bad as long as you're free that day

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Apr 16th, '14, 04:46

Gruzky wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:Why not.
I thought about this. Not really sure where the brunt of people on this forum are located, but I would guess North & South America and Europe.

I'm in California, Pacific Time Zone UTC -8. I was thinking to start maybe around 11am or 12pm my time?
I'm on the east cost, so 3pm. Personally, I'd like to do that more in the evening but eh...
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Bonkers
Master of Time
Master of Time

Post by Bonkers » Apr 16th, '14, 14:00

Gruzky wrote:
Bonkers wrote:I'm in TN...3 hours ahead of you. :?
3pm wouldn't be too bad as long as you're free that day
Alright, just let me know what day yall decide! I prefer the weekend because I teach.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » Apr 16th, '14, 18:16

I don't know the TIME zone thing, but I'm in Tijuana. Its the same TIME zone as San Diego. So we are to only link Eurobeat that's allready avaliable from Youtube links?

Anyway, it sounds interesting, but I don't see any links to anything related to join ing up, so maybe I'll follow someone through the process when everything is set up?

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » Apr 17th, '14, 16:03

I remember 4chan used to do this quite a bit, it was fun but too many people became a crowd. Pretty sure I still remember my account details!
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » Apr 17th, '14, 19:04

Gruzky wrote:I'm in California, Pacific Time Zone UTC -8. I was thinking to start maybe around 11am or 12pm my time?
Would be around 6/7pm here, so on right days I can join too. :)

Edit: I just visited the website. Are facebook, G+ and twitter the only possibilities to log in? oO

otter87
Eurobeat Fan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by otter87 » Apr 17th, '14, 19:19

KiraTM wrote:just visited the website. Are facebook, G+ and twitter the only possibilities to log in? oO
As far as I know those are the only ways to log in