Today's Tune

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater
Posts: 1346
Joined: Oct 8th, '08, 03:32
Location: Superfantastico Land

Post by WNight » Apr 1st, '13, 04:51

Japanese Girl / Mega NRG Man

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1989
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Post by #Infinity » Apr 1st, '13, 05:33

4/1/13:

People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man
Image

User avatar
Darkholme
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 638
Joined: Nov 14th, '11, 21:45
Location: In your golden dreams

Post by Darkholme » Apr 1st, '13, 07:45

Scream Team - Horror Fantasy

My favourite Scream Team track by far. Everything sound great, especially the synth riff and the fills between the lines in the chorus. I also like how they pull off the horror theme without going into silly territory

You can never be safe from this horror fantasy!

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer
Posts: 303
Joined: Sep 23rd, '12, 10:45

Post by eXtaticus » Apr 1st, '13, 10:44

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on Dec 19th, '17, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1989
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Post by #Infinity » Apr 2nd, '13, 01:28

#Infinity wrote:4/1/13:

People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man
April Fools! People Like Dancing is still, far and out, the worst eurobeat song of all time. Here's my REAL song of the day:

Fire to the Eurobeat / Tam Arrow
Image

Jay
God of Romance
God of Romance
Posts: 955
Joined: Jul 1st, '04, 12:59

Post by Jay » Apr 2nd, '13, 04:26

#Infinity wrote:
#Infinity wrote:4/1/13:People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man
April Fools! People Like Dancing is still, far and out, the worst eurobeat song of all time.
I like that song. :? I wasn't so sure about it at first either but it ended up growing on me. Why do you hate it so much?

SOTD: TELEPHONE! TELEPHONE! / DENISE

User avatar
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6885
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Post by drnrg » Apr 2nd, '13, 04:42

#Infinity
People Like Dancing / Mega NRG Man
I was really compelled to coment on this, since it's known to be your worst ever. but we are all subject to change our minds.
April Fools! People Like Dancing is still, far and out, the worst eurobeat song of all time. Here's my REAL song of the day:

Fire to the Eurobeat / Tam Arrow
that put me a little more at ease.


Anyway I choose a song that really didn't get much recognition when it came out. Not even the Kaioh fans, but I really concider this one to be his best yet.

Freddy R(Rodgers). R U Ready. (ABeatC)

It's a shame we never got that Dave & Freddy Rodgers duet. That would have been cool. That whole cd was damn cool.

By the way those of you with good memories will recall how I posted that fake top 10 on April Fool's day with that "Stinky Tricky and Bang song as my #1. :D :D :D

User avatar
Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar
Posts: 385
Joined: Oct 18th, '11, 02:29
Location: CALIFORNIA DREAMING

Post by Mindsweeper » Apr 2nd, '13, 05:23

Master Blaster - Maio & Co

Strange story involving this song...

Several weeks ago, I had a weird dream where I found a ParaParaParadise arcade cabinet, but all the songs were different, and there were a bunch I had never heard of before.

The only title from the dream that I could remember upon waking was Master Blaster - Marko Polo, but I knew that Marko Polo never had a song by that name, so I figured it was just my dreaming brain making up random stuff.

You can imagine my surprise when I bought the Nando & Co album from Delta's tradebit page recently and saw Master Blaster in the tracklist.

Weirdest coincidence?

User avatar
Darkholme
Eurobeat Master
Eurobeat Master
Posts: 638
Joined: Nov 14th, '11, 21:45
Location: In your golden dreams

Post by Darkholme » Apr 2nd, '13, 06:29

Mindsweeper wrote:Master Blaster - Maio & Co

Strange story involving this song...

Several weeks ago, I had a weird dream where I found a ParaParaParadise arcade cabinet, but all the songs were different, and there were a bunch I had never heard of before.

The only title from the dream that I could remember upon waking was Master Blaster - Marko Polo, but I knew that Marko Polo never had a song by that name, so I figured it was just my dreaming brain making up random stuff.

You can imagine my surprise when I bought the Nando & Co album from Delta's tradebit page recently and saw Master Blaster in the tracklist.

Weirdest coincidence?
Funny how dreams work.

I'll also pick a song related to a dream I had, which is Newfield, Moroni & Sinclaire - Don't Let My Love Disappear. The intro blew me away while the song itself was just all right. Ended up dreaming about that vocal melody and some beach somewhere. In hindsight I wish Clara was in it too :grin:

WNight
Euroheater
Posts: 1346
Joined: Oct 8th, '08, 03:32
Location: Superfantastico Land

Post by WNight » Apr 2nd, '13, 12:32

Mindsweeper wrote:Master Blaster - Maio & Co

Strange story involving this song...

Several weeks ago, I had a weird dream where I found a ParaParaParadise arcade cabinet, but all the songs were different, and there were a bunch I had never heard of before.

The only title from the dream that I could remember upon waking was Master Blaster - Marko Polo, but I knew that Marko Polo never had a song by that name, so I figured it was just my dreaming brain making up random stuff.

You can imagine my surprise when I bought the Nando & Co album from Delta's tradebit page recently and saw Master Blaster in the tracklist.

Weirdest coincidence?
Freaky, but also interesting as heck.

My song of the day
No Religion / Ace Warrior

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1989
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Post by #Infinity » Apr 2nd, '13, 16:07

Jay wrote:I like that song. :? I wasn't so sure about it at first either but it ended up growing on me. Why do you hate it so much?
Wishy-washy, overbearing production and tired vocal delivery. The melodic structure sounds like it's aiming for a party joint, but the execution is so terribly off that the result is almost scary. It's downright tiresome to have to sit through.
Image

Jay
God of Romance
God of Romance
Posts: 955
Joined: Jul 1st, '04, 12:59

Post by Jay » Apr 2nd, '13, 21:00

#Infinity wrote:Wishy-washy, overbearing production and tired vocal delivery. The melodic structure sounds like it's aiming for a party joint, but the execution is so terribly off that the result is almost scary. It's downright tiresome to have to sit through.
I agree on your point about the tired vocal work but the production values are not bad. The song has a dark, peculiar undercurrent, which I quite like after giving it a chance.

How you can consider this song to be worse than 'True Colour' or 'I'm Superstar' - both released around the same time - is beyond me. Those songs are strong contenders for my worst eurobeat song of all time.

User avatar
#Infinity
Euroheater
Posts: 1989
Joined: Apr 21st, '07, 04:44
Location: San Diego, California

Post by #Infinity » Apr 3rd, '13, 02:26

Jay wrote:I agree on your point about the tired vocal work but the production values are not bad. The song has a dark, peculiar undercurrent, which I quite like after giving it a chance.

How you can consider this song to be worse than 'True Colour' or 'I'm Superstar' - both released around the same time - is beyond me. Those songs are strong contenders for my worst eurobeat song of all time.
This "dark, peculiar undercurrent" that you speak of nukes the song for me. It attempts to rock a joint but fails utterly because the watery production reduces it to nada. The track has no edge and no spirit at all. True Colour and I'm Superstar are both dull, but at least they're intended as light, mild pieces and aren't submerged by dreary, reverb-heavy instrumentation. Those two songs are forgettable and amateurish, respectively, but they aren't severely labored or overproduced.
Image

Jay
God of Romance
God of Romance
Posts: 955
Joined: Jul 1st, '04, 12:59

Post by Jay » Apr 3rd, '13, 03:49

Well, I'd argue that 'I'm Superstar' is overproduced. The whole song sounds like it was thrown into a blender and viciously pulverised. There's so much going on in that song from start to finish, it's mindboggling.

But I respect your opinion. Hope you respect mine. ;)

SOTD: SHAKE YOUR BELL / DAVE & DOMINO

User avatar
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru
Posts: 6885
Joined: May 17th, '05, 07:18
Location: searching for missing Eurogrooves trax

Post by drnrg » Apr 3rd, '13, 06:15

I choose a Mega NRG Man track from about that period in question. I like this track, but with such an epic title; I can't help wishing it had turned out much better. Mega NRG Man started out with some vocals very much sounding like Pete Burns from Dead Or Alive. He used that style in Sex All Over The Phone and I Can Be Your Dee Jay. He should have emphasized more on that vocal style when he sung UNDSMLAR.

Mega NRG Man- Up & Down Spin Me LIke A Record (ABeatC)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests