EP Issues (yet again)

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

EP Issues (yet again)

Post by Bore » Nov 13th, '18, 17:21

So yeah, the old code and old site is barely holding it up. After yet another save from Humbedooh things are starting to look rather grim. The site barely functions as it is and needs a lot of extra attention and care, which I personally won't be able to provide. What the site needs is someone actually knowledged on these things and with time for keeping up with the times....

Currently the site has plenty of php errors that are probably going to remain for the time being (so don't be surprised if things bork or won't work). Basically my plan currently is to retire from the domain and site. The genre and site could use a lot more love and attention, but it might be someone else in the future. If no such thing occurs we might see the site going extinct in the nearby future. I just wanted to post this so people will be aware of what's upcoming. We'll see where the future takes us, but hopefully it doesn't mean the site vanishing entirely?

EDIT: There apparently are login issues on the forum. The actual error for the forum logins isn't exactly clear and it only affects some people. Clearing browser cache or trying a different browser might help.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: EP Issues (yet again)

Post by KiraTM » Nov 13th, '18, 17:42

Sad news, but you already mentioned you'd retire from the site in the past. Well, I don't have the PHP knowledge to fix the issues, but I'm currently learning how to program fully-featured web-based B2B applications in my apprenticeship. maybe modernizing EBP could become a project to do in the future.

May I ask what the costs are for running this website? If you ever retire from the page, I'd like to continue the "life" of EBP if it's affordable.

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bore » Nov 13th, '18, 17:50

Money itself isn't the issue with the domain. The yearly cost for the domain is approximately ~30$ or such. And that is about all there is. I have had some personal email boxes attached to the site which cost a bit more but those aren't exactly necessary.

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » Nov 13th, '18, 22:13

So, basically you only need a few administrators who can fix issues and monitor the webpage?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Nov 13th, '18, 23:33

If you can find somebody willing to fix the website for you and put some love into it, it's worth keeping. This website is probably a huge part of Internet history. It's VERY common to see search results for anything eurobeat related to be here on EbP.

EDIT

Just saw what you mean, I had an error just now posting this but it still went through for some reason.

Nine
Mr. Domino
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » Nov 15th, '18, 00:33

Panu let's chat

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bore » Nov 15th, '18, 05:21

I would really love to have the site carry on with someone capable indeed. But it's just rather impossible for me to be the person trying to sort things out. I am awaiting for some confirmations from Humbehood to see whether the forum could be patched up, but the mysql errors might be going deeper than just upgrading phpbb to the newest version....

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » Nov 15th, '18, 20:04

Panu let's chat. There has to be some way to keep it running. :hmm:

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bore » Nov 16th, '18, 06:07

Have had a few people willing to help with the site and such, so things might not be coming to an end. We'll see when and how and by whom things can keep going? Keeping my fingers crossed this is not the end, but a resurrection of sorts.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » Nov 17th, '18, 05:29

Honestly, the old forum website was always so much more functional, even if it looked retro by todays standards. It was already bad enough when the login system suddenly turned into such a needless chore for newcomers, but now that even the basics are getting screwed up, I say keep things simple again. the_ditz and I used to be regulars at a different forum from the same source as the new EPM that similarly started glitching up eventually and which never recovered.

Nine
Mr. Domino
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » Nov 17th, '18, 22:06

Well it looks like there are definitely a few people willing to keep EBPrime alive - if anyone wants to get together for a chat to see what we can do poke me in PM here (i'll check frequently) or send me an email to dominonline [@] gmail [.] com !!! I would love to help support in any way I can!!!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » Nov 28th, '18, 21:07

500 error while logging in seems... gone?

EDIT

But database errors while posting still present. Better than nothing.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » Nov 28th, '18, 21:30

Keep calm. We're working on it! Won't be fixed tomorrow, but we're doing our best!

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bore » Dec 2nd, '18, 16:02

The problems with the site are attempting to get sorted out but it's currently waiting on a person I haven't managed to get things rolling so this might be a while (I thought I'd have this sorted like a week ago already but alas no)...
Apologies for the problems, the new overlord hopefully is more accessible!