Deleted Messages (PM's)

Problems concerning the forum or computers in general.
xiao
God of Romance
God of Romance

Deleted Messages (PM's)

Post by xiao » Apr 6th, '17, 14:23

Hi guys, Alpines & I recently ran across an issue with the EBP forums ... namely this →

Is there any way to correct this technical problem or return the PM's that were lost...? Thankies Image ~ ???
moon★bunny

Bore
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Deleted Messages (PM's)

Post by Bore » Apr 6th, '17, 14:29

Hmm... This is fairly odd. I haven't encountered this issue before or anyone else hasn't procued similar problems. I tried scanning through the settings in the admin panel but couldn't encounter a setting related to it. Maybe it's a one time thing, or maybe phpbb is just that dumb... Will do more searching!

xiao
God of Romance
God of Romance

Post by xiao » Apr 6th, '17, 15:05

Bore wrote:Hmm... This is fairly odd. I haven't encountered this issue before or anyone else hasn't procued similar problems. I tried scanning through the settings in the admin panel but couldn't encounter a setting related to it. Maybe it's a one time thing, or maybe phpbb is just that dumb... Will do more searching!
Thank you my friend haha! Image ~ I'll direct Alpine's attention to this thread. Maybe the PM I sent him was flip-flopped somewhere else in his User Control Panel and he can't find it :o ??

Thanks again for the prompt response Panu先生!🐣 ✨
moon★bunny

alpines
Eurobeat Boom
Eurobeat Boom

Post by alpines » Apr 6th, '17, 15:14

I looked around and the only place where I could find the pm was in the Inbox.

It looks like this:

If I click on it the next page pops up like this:

If I click no then the browser goes back to my inbox. I didn't click on 'yes' yet.

I guess the system keeps PMs if you read it and then delete it.

My assumption is:
I got this PM and it got deleted without me reading / opening it first, therefore it got deleted.
If I've had read it before it got deleted I assume I would still have it readable in my inbox.

xiao
God of Romance
God of Romance

Post by xiao » Apr 6th, '17, 15:59

alpines wrote:If I've had read it before it got deleted I assume I would still have it readable in my inbox.
Woah that's quite strange! :o

Maybe it's just the way the new phpBB upgrade works ?? Gotta be careful before deleting any further PM's in the future then. Image
moon★bunny

magiblot
Euro To B

Post by magiblot » Apr 8th, '17, 20:35

It probably works in the same way as other forums where I am registered: PM's can be edited before they are opened by the adressee. Thus, deleting them might have a permanent effect.